Cascade

I found an interesting v** ******er.r file and I believe I cracked what I needed from it, the only issue I am having is utilizing it… Can someone help give me a push over the cliff?

Type your comment> @RomanRII said:

I found an interesting v** ******er.r file and I believe I cracked what I needed from it, the only issue I am having is utilizing it… Can someone help give me a push over the cliff?

There is a tool in github for cracking the hex, do remove the commas and use the tool to decode the password… And Use that password to log in as user s.****h with evil

Anybody have any recs on which disassembler to use? dnSpy? Ollydbg?

Type your comment> @ori0nx3 said:

For reverse engineering DotNet, my favorite tool is dnSpy. :wink:

■■■: Never heard of dnSpy before. Holy ■■■■, for .net RE it is awesome. Thanks @ori0nx3

Rooted. Awesome box. manual enumeration, must take notes and significant lateral movements. RE part is little confusing for me because lack of RE. Thanks to @VbScrub for the experience and nudges. :blush:

Hmm… I got the root.txt… but when i copy the haste and submit HTB says it is incorrect, anyone got this problem?

EDITED: ok i disconnect vpn and reconnect back… the root.txt was refreshed. :smiley:

Finally Rooted Cascade. Now I know why it is known as Cascade, it is like Matryeshka one after another…
Thank you for the nudges by @idevilkz for the user nudge, @grumpychris and @tuzz for the dnspy nudge.

Ahhhh, I’m going to root, I have the user “a … c” but I’m stuck. Any hint please

PD: ROOTED!!! :slight_smile: I always had it in front of me

Type your comment> @bato said:

Ahhhh, I’m going to root, I have the user “a … c” but I’m stuck. Any hint please

If you are user a****c then you have done the hard part. Look back to a file you found earlier in enumeration. It says something but someone that may not longer exist but has what you are looking for.

If you are still before this step, then see previous comments about what it takes to do the RE.

Cool box, same as previous one from @VbScrub rooted?

It was a really nice box @VbScrub ! Learned some more tricks.

Thanks for it !

Finally rooted. What an awesome box! Spent too much time on foothold.

There is something wrong for me while submitting the root flag, even after a reset, the flag isn’t correct.

@Ahmed96 said:
There is something wrong for me while submitting the root flag, even after a reset, the flag isn’t correct.

If its not working properly, raise a ticket with HTB support here: Login :: Hack The Box :: Penetration Testing Labs

i have first user, got a password, decrypted but it’s not a plain text, and i have username saying sth about password, im lost

Type your comment> @Ahmed96 said:

I am having the same problem with the User flag right now. I’ve reset the machine multiple times, even checked it out and saw it shutdown, as I appear to the be only one using it right now, but the flag in the user.txt stays the same, and it says that it is incorrect.

Type your comment> @Bays said:

Type your comment> @Ahmed96 said:

I am having the same problem with the User flag right now. I’ve reset the machine multiple times, even checked it out and saw it shutdown, as I appear to the be only one using it right now, but the flag in the user.txt stays the same, and it says that it is incorrect.

im at the same step, same issue, is it a troll ?

Judging by the messages I’ve received over the last few days and the number of comments I see here, I’d say the new dynamic flag system from HTB just isn’t working particularly reliably at the moment. All I can suggest is raise a support ticket with them and hopefully they can sort it out

a reset solved that issue

having trouble enumerating user! please pm me! im on the discord server as well!