Multimaster

Rooted this badboy a couple of days ago. Best Windows box I have done on this platform! Kudos to the makers. Several new techniques picked up on user journey. User 1 to 2 was trickiest for me as the exploitable thing kept dying so needed to keep refreshing / updating my script. Thanks to @Frundrod and @syn4ps for reference articles.

Type your comment> @MariaB said:

@tuzz3232 @idevilkz i messaged to both of you .And it is not that you cant message me directly ? : )

@MariaB I was scared :smiley: you sounded like a lady not to be messed with :D.

Thanks for sending this over

Hey dear community, this machine may be a bit over my skill lvl, however i try to learn something new. Can someone give me some material about how to bypass the WAF? Im currently trying it with a common OWASP vuln but always get a 403 Forbidden

@sh0wa said:

Hey dear community, this machine may be a bit over my skill lvl, however i try to learn something new. Can someone give me some material about how to bypass the WAF? Im currently trying it with a common OWASP vuln but always get a 403 Forbidden

Research different ways to encode characters as a way to bypass WAFs.

Hi, Can someone be kind enough to give me a little nudge towards user. I am close but struggling with r,s , id conversion I believe from the shell

its okay, the joy of getting to this point can’t be explained :slight_smile:

thank you @MariaB for your articles as they helped understand a lot.

Spoiler Removed

Not sure why my post was a spoiler and it was removed, there was only one mention on the first tool that someone will use in these cases. It will be great to have a message from the person that reported it as spoiler to describe what was wrong with it.

In any case if someone needs a hint …

Rooted this box, thanks for all the hints in DM and forum.
HINTS:
initial-foothold: try to escape.
users: 2) unusual proc, 3) enum and search, 4) AD enum.
root: standard escalation but I had to brute force some.

why i am only geting some chinese chars. or null. But not giving up. Try harder till death :trollface:

what the f*** i 've done i dont know but i got the needed user direct fr. s**-s**** . i swear i tried it for million times. but why this time :hushed:

Finally rooted this box. Learnt a lot, thanks to the posts here and hints from @tupi, @dinosn and @MariaB !

Guys,
I am stuck at User2->User3 process. I found some creds but was not able to find where those are applicable. Can anyone give me a double check if I am (or not) in a blind spot?

Edit: NVM, just solved that. Lesson learnt: try all you can, after enumeration.

Edit: Rooted but without using DOG. Can anyone clarify where it was supposed to be used and how?

After 2 painful weeks :confounded: finally managed to root this awesome box, hints in the post are more than enough to get the root :wink:

hello, can someone give me a nudge I have found user and hash, I have tried to crack the hash by searching in hashes.org but I am unable to found I have tried one every site I know but not able to get any password? The thing is my hashcat is not cracking passwords due to no GPU in my laptop and when i used --force still it aborts my cracking. Now how i supposed to crack hashes. any help … :frowning:

Thanks @MinatoTW & @egre55 for the insane box, after few days i managed to root it.
Lot of enumeration for this one, the WAF Bypass drove me crazy.

C:\Windows\system32>whoami whoami nt authority\system

Feel free to pm me if u need help :slight_smile:

hhhm… got user very fast. I thought it would be harder. Now for root.
EDIT:
Got root.txt without admin user (unintended way, someone change some security attribute and don’t restore it)
Got root shell (intended way, use all users)

Nice box! It’s my first insane windows box)

Finally! Got User! :smiley:
I’m depleted, I never enumerated sooo so so sooo much… tried users and passwords against everything with so many failures. That WAF initially drove me crazy…
However, definitely worth the hassle because I learned tons of new things.
But need some vacation now… :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone who nudged me in the right direction!

So, it’s taken me almost 4 weeks of on and off with this machine.
I have spent time learning S*** and A*D stuff on the OSCP labs
I have banged my head off the walls and the desk and god knows what else…
But I finally own this beast :sunglasses:
I have to say, some parts have been simple, others not so much and some have been a brain F
k.
I learnt a lot from this machine, thanks @egre55 and @MinatoTW

rooted this monster…

its a great box, thank you @MariaB for your articles, after that it was funny…

Just like real world scenarios,

thanks @egre55 and @MinatoTW keep doing this amazing job with AD machines.

Even if i get the needed username (from the tool used for bypass) to login after cracking part. I am still obsessed with getting the must have info for the python part. can someone reach me who found that RD part manually, not by the script. cause i am starting to think about no one found that RD manually and convert it to useful shape.

Edit: @sc0rp9x dm me and help me to get that process but only difference with his encoding and mine was the capital letters on encoded string. Thx. to @apostatic , @MariaB for their patience.

+1 to above. I would like to know this too.
I spent nearly 2 days trying to convert the RID manually but the RID i was getting wasn’t all unicode, it had some WINGDINGS font in it :slight_smile: