Magic

got root:

for user: very basics, what you can enter to log in? how can you trick the upload, use your tools.
root: good old g0tm1lk chearsheet, very basic

pm for nudges

Type your comment> @s1lv3rst4r said:

Can anyone help me in root, figured out s*****o can be used but donno how to exploit it
me

Finally I rooted this machine. Root path was very new to me though it’s an old trick. Thanks @TRX

So, just rooted this box. But couldn’t understand one particular thing. Would someone clear my doubt?

heisenb3rg

@heisenb3rg said:

So, just rooted this box. But couldn’t understand one particular thing. Would someone clear my doubt?

Possibly.

Finally rooted the box. Spent alot of time on sillythings.
Big shoutout to @solid5n4k3 and @sh4d0wless for the hints

Foothold: Basic Dump and Bypass. You can get it without the use of a script but with all the resets going on i ended up making a script to speed up the process of getting back in.

User: Use what you found in your foothold. Looks like you can do this two ways

Root: Spent along time on this. Alot of useful tips in this thread already, i found it easier to have two shells on the box so you can see what the other is doing. After that you just need to be on the right path

Spoiler Removed

Rooted!!
user is straightforward hint get a stable shell for it!!!
for root try to find the interesting files using different scripts online.
after that try to read the file and find out the things its calling to do its work :wink:

anyone can give me hint for initial foothold? I am stuck on bypassing login form…

Rooted. Nice and easy box!

Finally Rooted Magic
Thanks @cY83rR0H1t for Root Nudge
The root is really fun.
Hint for Root:- Change the direction
DM for Hints

@Titan555 said:

anyone can give me hint for initial foothold? I am stuck on bypassing login form…

If you google what you are stuck on, the answer should be fairly high on the list.

Yikes, this box was a beast. Really cool stuff to learn in the foothold part.
Being newer to this field the root actually took me a lot longer. lol, in the end it was pretty silly. I was way over thinking it.

All around though, a solid learning box. I’ll use what I’ve learned here on many more I’m sure.

Thank you for putting it together :slight_smile:

Rooted. Quite an easy one. But took some time because i was thinking complex. It’s pretty basic. PM for nudges.

Rooted after lineas.sh and following the path.

Rooted, but I have a question regarding the final exploit. I tried various variations but only two of the four possibilities did actually work. From the setup and all I dont understand why it would work for only the two of the four cases. I someone could PM me I will explain in more detail and maybe you can explain to me why that is the case. thx

rooted yesterday.
root hint: look for something unusual in the programs installed
ping for clues

Just rooted, Was it just me or dose it seem like the box got reset every five minuets made getting root real annoying

got stuck on initial foothold. ran linpeas and linenum, i might be missing something. any tips or even more specific nudges in PM are much appreciated

@davesipos said:

got stuck on initial foothold. ran linpeas and linenum, i might be missing something. any tips or even more specific nudges in PM are much appreciated

Assuming you are trying to get from w*******a to the first user account, enumeration is the key. Then, when you have lots of information, you can find a way to dump the thing you’ve got creds for and you get the loot you need.