[WEB] Under Construction

@daverules Yes, fixed the problem. Thx

Edit: Solved, thx again @daverules

It’s really fun.
Thanks @makelarisjr for the challege.

working locally helped a lot, good challenge!

Type your comment> @HumanFlyBzzzz said:

Hmm found a certain ‘private’ something… Not sure what to do with it though

Any hint on how to get that “private” thing? I don’t see any way in the code to access that file…

@asebal said:

Type your comment> @HumanFlyBzzzz said:

Hmm found a certain ‘private’ something… Not sure what to do with it though

Any hint on how to get that “private” thing? I don’t see any way in the code to access that file…

@HumanFlyBzzzz’s message is a bit confusing and may lead to wrong assumptions. I would recommend to forget about private stuff and instead just carefully read the source code. Most probably you already have everything you need to get the flag.

Anyone can help me in PM? I’ve a local instance running but… not so skilled in nodejs and sqlite… I’ll appreciate… thx

Feel free to message me if you need help.

Need some help on this :confused:
just want to know if I’m looking at the right spot and not overthinking. Anyone free to help?
Thanks!

it took me soooo much time, but since I’m a dumb noob, I guess it’s okay :slight_smile:

learned a lot of new things
wrote my own python script (also covered it with a test, lol)
practiced some stuff

I thought I would never do it, but I just didn’t give up, despite it was sooo much pain for me and frustration )))

helping tips for the noobs like me:

• something happens as you log in;
  • can you fake the identity? ← this can take some time; practice on some dummy data first! writing a script to automate the process is a good idea, it’ll help you later on your journey a lot; also, mind an excessive new line somewhere in public!
  • no escape is a way in;
  • combine the two and go a blindfolded journey to read the stored treasure;

sorry, I can’t help you with a personal assistance, please don’t dm me.

1 Like

Great challenge, took me 2 days to solve it. I learned a lot about the authentication system used in the web application. There is one thing i did not understand though:

I had to specify the management system in the tool i’ve used to obtain the flag. Otherwise the tool would not detect the vulnerability. Usually the tool does this automatically but not in this case. Is it because of the custom script I had to create for the tool or am I missing something?

Solved, first challenge 100% on me.
It was fun, great lesson on how to pay attention in tiny details (e.g. \n, spaces).
The fast way was to do everything manually once to try to get a positive feedback, and only then a little coding. Having something that you know already works is great for comparison when scripting.
For tips, dm me :slight_smile:

Can anyone help my I have been stuck for past 2 days on this challenge. I need help on how to get the private thing.

I’ve located the vulnarability and succeeded to inject some code i retrieve at the home page but i still don’t know how i can retrieve the flag (I tried several methods to get it). If you did this challenge you can DM me for more informations.
Thank you in advance.

I’m not able to find anything anywhere after logging in. I’ve decoded stuff in the cookie but I don’t really know what to do with it. Any tips?

@mouseknight said:

I’m not able to find anything anywhere after logging in. I’ve decoded stuff in the cookie but I don’t really know what to do with it. Any tips?

The cookie stores a JSON Web Token (JWT). A good place to start would be to research how they work.

I’ve located the vulnerability and am able to fake my identity but I can’t still find the flag.Any Tips?what am i missing
Thanks in advance

Type your comment> @higbee said:

@mouseknight said:

The cookie stores a JSON Web Token (JWT). A good place to start would be to research how they work.

Yea I know how they work and I decoded it, I saw a key, but I don’t really know what to do with it. It’s a pretty unusual implementation of JWT, it doesn’t conform to the standard spec, I don’t really know where to go from here.

Right I got a little further, the problem with the JWT is so dumb it didn’t click immediately, reading up more on JWT in this context is helping

I’m just spinning my wheels trying to get this to work, can anyone PM me a walkthrough of what to do with this bit specifically please?

I’ve read the entire source code. I understand the flow of the challenge, however, unsure about the newline which seems to be a part of the solution. Also, uncertain whether the private key is reachable (I don’t see how you can modify the data in the token, without it).
You can PM me or write here, thank you.