OpenAdmin

S o I was able to crack the pri key that was located in m**n.P. nothing is working from there though, I guess I am not sure where that is supposed to be used. Any pointers would be nice.

Welp I feel dumb, but learned alot!

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@obi0ne said:

(Quote)
There shouldn’t be a need to decode any hashes between getting User and getting Root on this box.

10x, got the hint…
rooted :smile:

got a meterpreter shell going, but couldnt get user yet, any help appreciated!

@RookizNcream said:

got a meterpreter shell going, but couldnt get user yet, any help appreciated!

Some discussions which may give you the hints you are after: OpenAdmin - #1782 by obi0ne - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums

All from this page alone.

I have gotten a low privileged shell, but i cant seem to figure out how to get any further, nudges?

@IFredrix said:

I have gotten a low privileged shell, but i cant seem to figure out how to get any further, nudges?

Most basic nudge, read the post immediately before yours. OpenAdmin - #1794 by TazWake - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums

Slightly more helpful - read the previous posts about using that shell to enumerate for further data.

hi guys this is my first machine on hack the box and now i am stuck on first user plz give me a hint to go on second user.

Pretty fun box!
PM me for a nudge.

woo… My first box!!!
root@openadmin:/home/j****a# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
That took me way longer than it sould have, because the box wasn’t accepting my ssh connection, after a good nights sleep, this was fixed and the rest was easy. Really cool box,thank you to the creator

@amasusoldier said:

hi guys this is my first machine on hack the box and now i am stuck on first user plz give me a hint to go on second user.

Read the post immediately before the one you made.

Hi everyone, I was able to login as User 1 (not RCE) and need help with User 2 access. I don’t want to give anything away, a PM would be great. Thanks!

@rippenkill said:

Hi everyone, I was able to login as User 1 (not RCE) and need help with User 2 access. I don’t want to give anything away, a PM would be great. Thanks!

Enumeration is the key. Reading relevant files and folders will take you far on this box.

@rippenkill said:

Enumeration is the key. Reading relevant files and folders will take you far on this box.

I have located a.p** file that had a hash in it but I’m not sure that’s what I need.

@rippenkill said:

I have located a.p** file that had a hash in it but I’m not sure that’s what I need.

Try it and see.

I think my brain is just burned out because I can’t find the way to get root and everyone says is the easy part I will appreciate some nuggets

@Raigan21 said:

I think my brain is just burned out because I can’t find the way to get root and everyone says is the easy part I will appreciate some nuggets

Enumerate what the user account is allowed to do. One of the checks should be to see if the account can run anything with special privs. Thats how you get root.

(You have to be logged in as the J*****a user though)

got it I was accessing user-2 console the wrong way, but after using the intended way was really clear

Cracked joanna private key passphrase but not able to ssh in.
Can anyone tell me why? using “ssh -i key joanna@”, then I enter the passphrase I discovered but it’s not working…

isn’t it “bns”?

@newrookie said:

it’s not working…

It entirely depends on what error messages you are getting.

@newrookie said:

it’s not working…

It entirely depends on what error messages you are getting.

No error messages, I simply copy paste the passphrase but then joanna password is asked