Chatterbox

For all of those complaining about the slow port scanning, I’d recommend reading up on some nmap flags/options to help get around what’s causing the slow down. With the proper flags, you should be able to port scan the entire box fairly quickly.

Finally.
---->{P00F}!
For real.

Tried nmap and masscan, several times, all ports, fast, and twice found one port, but not the same port, and all the other times just found nothing :confused: even after reseting the box

This box is driving me nuts

Nvm, F#ck this box.

Can I DM someone to help with payloads?

it would be lovely because chatterbox is requested to reset so much.

@puerkito66 said:
Nvm, F#ck this box.

My thoughts exactly. It took me days to find the port, and now days on days to figure out the payload and I’m still not there.

masscan shows me no port is opening, no matter my option (stealth scan, udp scan - for sure). is masscan that bad?

@dmknght said:
masscan shows me no port is opening, no matter my option (stealth scan, udp scan - for sure). is masscan that bad?
The problem with this box is that it can be exploited once at the time, the moment it’s being exploited, the useful port become “invisible”, it’s better with a fresh reset :confused:

SPOILER: uncommon port, DON’T SPAM reset request.
If your nmap is so slow, use this option --min-rate

Jeez, finally got a working shell that lasted longer than 20 seconds and rooted, glad to be over this one, the inconsistent shell was driving me mad

So when creating the payload, I’ve managed to get one to encode but the size is no where near 512.

Tried a few different payloads as well as changing some of the buffer length.

Sort of on the right track for a working buff ?

@IVWKCSEC said:
So when creating the payload, I’ve managed to get one to encode but the size is no where near 512.

Does size really matter, at least in this case :slight_smile: ?

@PencilTester said:
Finally.
---->{P00F}!
For real.

I’m guessing you’re talking about the python exploit.
What does it do? I can’t figure it out reading the source.

@junior said:

@IVWKCSEC said:

Does size really matter, at least in this case :slight_smile: ?

Haha thats what they all say !

I’ve tried with a custom payload … basic one of a shell_tcp but it never connects back.

I’ll have to keep trying /setup it in a local lab to get it working.

@scp said:

@PencilTester said:
Finally.
---->{P00F}!
For real.

I’m guessing you’re talking about the python exploit.
What does it do? I can’t figure it out reading the source.

Yes, Theres two key parts two it which it shows you in the comments.

One the payload and the other the UDP port.

Look up msf venom and the payload that’s already there and see if you can figure out what it does and how it could be changed :slight_smile:

NVM got some alternative shellcode
No stable connection but able to grab user.txt

Just a warning, i had both the valid exploit with valid shellcode, when the machine has just been reset it works fine, but any other time it just doesn’t connect back.

So just be aware, just because its not connecting or stable doesn’t mean you are doing it wrong, it COULD be the machine… or it could be your shellcode. So if you aren’t sure, install the software locally to test and confirm.

Got it , VPN IP had changed lol.
Priv esc now

Can anyone help me with privesc? I’m totaly stuck. PM please.