Book

Spoiler Removed

@TazWake thx i did it yesterday :slight_smile:

Awesome work.

finally rooted :wink:

thanks @TazWake and @0xpr0N3rd for all the helps

note: i spend about 4 hour on root exploit because ı forget to give permission something, its not hint but i hope no one make same mistake :smiley: really stressful 4 hour

pm me for any nudge :slight_smile:

Great Box

Thanks for the challenge :smirk:

I have read the article about the t******ion attack but cannot get it to work, can anyone PM with a nudge or some direction?

@zalazalaza said:

I have read the article about the t******ion attack but cannot get it to work, can anyone PM with a nudge or some direction?

Use burp.

Finally.

root@book:~# whoami && id

root

uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

Realy enjoyed the box and learned many things. Every box is a learning opt. :wink:

It’s scary, every several minutes connect to Book box is lost
Every minute… and it’s on edge-eu-vip-1.hackthebox.eu VPN

Guys, I cant get lr*** to trigger… It was working and suddenly stopped working…
I am doing same exact thing as i did when it got triggered… anybody faced similar issue?

I’m stuck on the root… can any body give tips about it?
I can’t start reverse shell :frowning: my host unavailable from book.htd and I try use lo*****e and it doesn’t work

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@zalazalaza said:

Use burp.

thanks thats what I needed.

I’ve done it!
Thanks @Marsh61 for tips :slight_smile:

Finally rooted!

Thanks to @EvilT0r13 and @sh4d0wless
Accurate hints are there by @somecanadian in page 9!

Great work MrR3boot…Looking forward to have similar boxes from you… Its true that difficult paths lead to beautiful destinations :wink:

Feel free to PM if need help

Yep, thanks @MrR3boot for interesting box ?

Well I finally rooted this box but wouldn’t have been able to do any of it without a lot of patience and nudges along the way from @TazWake and @wxadvisor .
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
python -c ‘import pty;pty.spawn(“/bin/bash”)’
root@book:~#

Each stage taught me techniques which I haven’t seen or used but will definitely not forget.

Rooted … If you need help ping me on discord !! icoNic#0097

Arrexel

Bypassing the guard on this one has got me stumped. I’ve tried URL, Unicode, octal, hex, string concat, mixed-case, inline comments. Can any nudge me towards the right one please?

Ignore this, it’s all unnecessary -_-

Hello,

could anyone give me a nudge about the X** thing? I read the noob article and I think I understood where to apply it but cannot get results :frowning: Thanks…

@daemonzone said:

Hello,

could anyone give me a nudge about the X** thing? I read the noob article and I think I understood where to apply it but cannot get results :frowning: Thanks…

The output is written to a file you need to download.