ServMon

Type your comment> @Zaitchev said:

Donā€™t think this box is meant to be a multiplayer box. It could be a great vulnhub box btw, not a HTB one.

Completely agree with this statement. On vulnhub it would be great, on HTB it is bad, especially as the UI and syntax of that tool is ā€¦ less then optimal.

I still donā€™t know what part of my wild trying things was actually successful. I think Iā€™ll have to wait until ippsecā€™s video is out to find the answer to this question.

Rooted this one. If anyone is stuck iā€™m happy to give some nudges.

Also Done! If someone needs help, PM.

Actually there is a way to get root even without opening the website or tunneling. It is possible just by using some commands

second day of trying, and giving up root againā€¦

iam not a vip and this box is sooooo slowā€¦and of course by the time you start typing, here comes a reset!

heavy usage i guessā€¦

Rooted :slight_smile: !

Pretty simple and interesting box, might help being VIP thoā€¦

PM if needed

Type your comment> @bertalting said:

Rooted this one. If anyone is stuck iā€™m happy to give some nudges.

Pls pm me?

why restarting the machine for exploit again and again. what are you up toā€¦ it will restore to the snapshot. I bored for the part root. i ll do it later when the guys sleep who do the exploit exp. lines one by one and keep resets the machine.

Im on root, I am trying to follow the steps of a certain exploit but the box is crazy slow at the moment. Can someone give me a message so i can make sure im on the right track. I am trying to get around the 403 error and its difficult to know if my setup is wrong or the box is not responding.

Just wanted to share a message:
10.10.14.23 : Stop reseting that box plz.

LOL think hard would a reset be the solution on a shared boxā€¦i think that would be an easy one to pick up on

Easy, free server is nightmare for root, its easy and obvious will root it later

Rooted.

Hints:
For user: just enumerate, enumerate and then enumerate some more. Because enumerating will also put you in the path to root.

For Root: It is easier than what you found online. Just look at a certain file you found. Understand how it works, and then using the gui/webapp will make much more sense.

Oh, in this case, in the battle between Mozilla and Google, the blue icon wins :wink:

Happy to assist if needed.

Got user, will share hints offline. Donā€™t ask about root though, Iā€™m at a loss there!

Finally rooted. A very nice box, straight forward. The only down side is that it is quite unstable. I couldnā€™t do it the day it came out as the box was getting hammered.
Also somebody was changing my b## file

I got user.txt hash, for Nad*** but site wont accept it ?
Is it aiming for user key of Nat*** ?

Directory of C:\Users\Nad***\Desktop

08/04/2020 22:28 .
08/04/2020 22:28 ā€¦
14/01/2020 19:08 32 user.txt

if not meant to be this, then why user.txt ??

Type your comment> @kurutta said:

Type your comment> @olsv said:

Type your comment> @kurutta said:

Hey, i got the cve for User, just struggling on how to use it, anyone available for a quick nudge?

you have text file laying somewhere in the well known structure . do the math

yep, i was pretty certain i had the right path, but i just get document not found whenever i run anything

Iā€™m in the same situation as you

finally rooted. The root is real Patience test. Thanks @D3vil01 For root helpā€¦

Type your comment> @GibParadox said:

For Root: It is easier than what you found online. Just look at a certain file you found. Understand how it works, and then using the gui/webapp will make much more sense.

Oh, in this case, in the battle between Mozilla and Google, the blue icon wins :wink:

Happy to assist if needed.

Canā€™t get it to work, and the service keeps crashing, plus all the resetsā€¦
I guess Iā€™ll try again down the week.

I found w**.ini but Iā€™m not entirely sure how to use that information or where to go from here. Drawing a blankā€¦