ServMon

Type your comment> @Mindsflee said:

Hints:

User: at first it looks almost like a ctf, enumerate the ports and focus on the “small” ones, you will easily find interesting information to use against another “small” port. The rest is straightforward, look for the first service you see and search on the internet.

Root: Slightly more complex, the machine runs another different service, search about it and “try harder”. If you receive a 404 at the access is because your network probably shouldn’t have access to that service, get help maybe by going through a tunnel. Forget the reload button and wait. Perform the procedure multiple times if you fail. Sooner or later it will work.

ok I’ve been trying to repeat the last step for hours. I think the instructions are not actually correct. Click query when you’re done

Guys please stop dos and resetting machine. It is useless.

Type your comment> @bigFish43 said:

I’m confused about the ++ thing. I think I know what port it is listening on. At this point, I’m not even trying to create a tunnel. All I’m trying to do is verify I can interact with it on the remote machine as the N***** user. Shouldn’t I be able to curl the in*** .h*** in the w** directory? When I try to that, I get a “Connection was reset” error message. Why does that happen?

Same here. Even with the port forwarding i didn’t see any login page.

Entering the correct password for nsclient, still says 403 not allowed…is anyone facing this issue?

By far the worst box HTB has ever hosted.
Complete waste of time, except for those who like working on their F5 pressing skills.
If you’re stuck at the root part, it’s probably not your fault.

Type your comment> @rootsh3llz said:

Entering the correct password for nsclient, still says 403 not allowed…is anyone facing this issue?

I’m exactly at the same point.

@Mindsflee said:
Hints:

User: at first it looks almost like a ctf, enumerate the ports and focus on the “small” ones, you will easily find interesting information to use against another “small” port. The rest is straightforward, look for the first service you see and search on the internet.

Root: Slightly more complex, the machine runs another different service, search about it and “try harder”. If you receive a 404 at the access is because your network probably shouldn’t have access to that service, get help maybe by going through a tunnel. Forget the reload button and wait. Perform the procedure multiple times if you fail. Sooner or later it will work.

I’m getting 403 even with tunnel vision…

Type your comment

Type your comment

Type your comment

whoops, there is a bug with the forum
you can simply click post with an empty textfield

Type your comment

I agree, the box is really unstable, and it’s not necessary to reset/reboot the machine to get root.

User + Root: Recon and check vulnerabilities.

Thank for this machine @dmw0ng. !

I am also getting stuck with 403 error with a password i found in a file that seems should be correct. i Still havnt used any of the 7 other potential credentials either. Can someone give me a nudge… Thanks

Well I got root somehow, but not sure how ppl are running the script for privesc. I went back and could not re-produce the steps… lol

Type your comment> @WireInTheGhost said:

I am also getting stuck with 403 error with a password i found in a file that seems should be correct. i Still havnt used any of the 7 other potential credentials either. Can someone give me a nudge… Thanks

Maybe you need to bring it to you, it’s not saying the password is incorrect, just you’re not allowed…why not?

So the script in ++ should work without reload? I am totally lost in this “fancy” UI.

Can anyone help with root, I know the steps but am having trouble creating what is needed to access the login.

Type your comment> @g3ph4z said:

So the script in ++ should work without reload? I am totally lost in this “fancy” UI.

I found, no reload, no pop - it logs you out but you’ve got a shell, also try avoiding foobar

Got root finally…but yeah this box is very unstable…!!

Type your comment> @Fidget said:

Type your comment> @g3ph4z said:

I found, no reload, no pop - it logs you out but you’ve got a shell, also try avoiding foobar

Hm, interesting. I followed every steps as the guide says, and I used custom name (as you mentioned) instead of foobar, but nothing works.

Anyway, thanks!