Remote

@Ninkasi said:

@TazWake

I’ve got the Um***** RCE, so I can issue commands remotely.

I strongly believe there is more than one exploit.

can anybody help me out to solve this machine. I tried NS , FP. I mounted N*S but not able to see anything in directories. Am i going in right way or wrong way. please give me some hint.

@1nferno said:

can anybody help me out to solve this machine. I tried NS , FP. I mounted N*S but not able to see anything in directories. Am i going in right way or wrong way. please give me some hint.

Right way if I’ve read it correctly.

Double-check the mounting. You should be able to see things in the folders.

Got user.txt after running exploit but now failing to get shell for priv esc. any one to help?

Rooted!

All the hints needed are in this thread, but it took me an awful lot of try, fail, re-read to get there…

(Edit: I went via TV route, but I saw mention of an alternative; could someone PM me with a hint for that way, please?)

Besides the annoying and slow connection for beginning, this was a good one. Root complete!

I found user.txt and when I submit the flag it gives an error. Does anyone know if you have a problem?

I am trying to get root through U****c service, I have managed to create admin user, but I can’t login using new user’s creds. Please, help.

@Ralf how are you trying to login with the newly created account? If its via winrm then you would need to add the user to the Remote Management Users group

Type your comment> @absolutenoob said:

@Ralf how are you trying to login with the newly created account? If its via winrm then you would need to add the user to the Remote Management Users group

Thanks, I will try

@Ralf said:

Thanks, I will try

Or you could use the same exploit to get a priv shell.

rooted, User was far more complicated than root.

User Hint : Once you have found the credentials, there are 2 exploits you can use just make sure you get the syntax correct.

Root Hint : There are 2 ways to root this. The easiest way is to enumerate the server and something will jump out. The difficult way is to try and configure the TV with limited interpreters installed on the server.

Enjoy and thanks to the creator.

Nugget!

Can anyone help me with the pass i found the username but could not find the pass. Too many files and I kinda lost in it

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@Ralf said:

Thanks, I will try

Or you could use the same exploit to get a priv shell.

Thanks! Finally rooted.
User: Notice that if you use quotes in the arguments section (cmd variable), you have to use triple quotes (ProcessStartInfo.Arguments Property (System.Diagnostics) | Microsoft Learn)
Root: Use different enumeration scripts ( I went the U**c service way)

The root phase is really Peeve but annoying but worth a try. Thanks to @Ralf for the nudge!

Done, PM if need any help

Yo guys, Lost NooB. I got the file from N** got A**** and the P*** logged in. Not sure how to pull off an R*E here. Tried to set a way to trigger mine. No luck. Looking for a nudge, PM me and Ill tell you what I’ve done. Been making a mess out of this.

Interesting machine. I found user to be a lot harder than root. Took me multiple days for user and only a half hour for root. Feel free to PM me for help, I will respond if I am on!

Hey guys, did u face this issue of creds not working for the initial login?

@Anu said:

Hey guys, did u face this issue of creds not working for the initial login?

No. Once the creds are cracked they should work.