Resolute

rooted finally thanks @egre55 for the box.

At the end i gor root (thanks to @holsick and @QHx5 for support me).
Host: just smb enumeration
root: find user that belongs to DN****min group and escalate by means of dll
If you need some help PM me!

finally rooted. Got heaps of help from you guys. Anyone who wants some hint just PM me.

Rooted! thanks to @QHx5 for support

@jen1025
Tips for root, watch all your options when creating payload - i verified my payloads were working independently on user using a famous “runner” for “libraries” that comes default on windows.

Hi guys. I need a little help with root.
Been stuck on this for long hours. Everytime i run dnscmd for reverse shell, I get connectionreset.
Please help!

finally got root. nice box. used the d** method . took a while for me to find that payload but i learned something new

Type your comment> @rand0char said:

@jen1025
Tips for root, watch all your options when creating payload - i verified my payloads were working independently on user using a famous “runner” for “libraries” that comes default on windows.

Oh thank you I didn’t understand why my payload didn’t work.
I didn’t know the -i option.
Finally got root.

Type your comment> @spli619 said:

Type your comment> @rand0char said:

@jen1025

Oh thank you I didn’t understand why my payload didn’t work.
I didn’t know the -i option.
Finally got root.

Glad I pointed you in the right direction even if by accident!! the "i’ in my post actually belongs to " i verified " not “- i” :smiley:

If the -i helped i’m assuming you went with the “local” payload route. would be interested in seeing how you did it and discuss other ways of evasion. PM if thats cool with you

@GSock14 said:
Hi guys. I need a little help with root.
Been stuck on this for long hours. Everytime i run dnscmd for reverse shell, I get connectionreset.
Please help!

not certain this is the issue … but is your listener capable of handling the type of payload used ? PM some more details for a nudge

C:\Windows\system32>whoami
whoami
nt authority\system

Rooted ! :slight_smile:

Hi, I have been stuck on root for afew days. I have tried to elevate using 2 different dll files but think i may be missing some steps inbetween as with my current user im not able to put the files in the correct locations. Can someone give me a hint. Thanks

Root complete. thanks for a fun box!

Really fun and straight forward box!

C:\Users\Administrator>whoami
whoami
nt authority\system

C:\Users\Administrator>dir Desktop\ 
dir Desktop\
 Volume in drive C has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is 923F-3611

Directory of C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop

12/04/2019  06:18 AM    <DIR>          .
12/04/2019  06:18 AM    <DIR>          ..
12/03/2019  08:32 AM                32 root.txt
               1 File(s)             32 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  30,963,376,128 bytes free

C:\Users\Administrator>

Finally got root!
My hints for it ( without repeating other people’s super useful hints)
Second user: I was trying to be smart by scripting my enumeration, but forgot to look for EVERYTHING when doing so (what you can see with naked eye and what you cannot).
Root: when loading the payload remotely, make sure you’re in the right place (it seems like pwsh needs to ‘see’ the content first, before it can load things from a remote location)

Hope this helps people still struggling with the machine, I enjoy it and learned a LOT from it. Thanks @egre55

I’ve gotten root this morning so this is just my mini review and hints for how to root it yourself

The box was really fun, i really liked the Privilege escalation as it was my first time doing something like this! I honestly wouldn’t even consider the box a medium box, an easy box just because how easy user was, but it all depends on how much you know beforehand.

Hints:

User: Don’t script or anything, manually enumerate everything, not only are you gonna learn more this way but also find your way onto root, once you’ve found something interesting about an user, see if, said interesting thing can apply to other users.
User 2: Couldn’t be simpler, just look around in the filesystem, start at C:\ and continue.
Root: Reflect on what you can do.

Thanks for reading! hope you get root! i believe in ya peeps!
DM if you’re still stuck.

Rooted D** way, very nice box.
What about the m********t module? PM me plz…

If anyone is awake and out there i could use some assistance on root. think i have the path i need but haven’t been lucky yet.

I can elaborate more on my methods so far, just PM me please.

Thanks in advance!!

Command failed: RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE 1722 0x6BA…still

JMFL

Rooted!

root part was tricky, big thank’s to @EvilT0r13 for support

feel free pm for nudge

Rooted, thanks for this machine. :slight_smile:

finally rooted.
but tbh, i didnt know what service i could exploit until i read the forum.
can someone tell/pm me how he figured this out?