Olympus

awesome machine @OscarAkaElvis

@OscarAkaElvis said:
Hi to all. Machine creator here. Answering to some general questions…

For that guys stuck at “Crete island” (the web). Hard enumeration is not needed. Just pay attention to all the response info at the website.

For that guys stuck at “Olympia”. The user flag is not there but it’s normal. The machine is not bugged. Everything has an explanation. You’ll understand better at the end. Just follow the bread crumbs (hints). Be patient on cracking till the end… known dicts are useful.

For that guys stuck on Rodhes (dns). A big hint… DNS is usually at port 53udp. This machine has open as you know 53tcp. That port is always used exclusively for something. You should do something with it but only after olympia with the appropiate data. Don’t waste your time at the beginning. Without the correct data is not possible to guess.

After Rodhes (dns) to open the portal to Hades is quite simple! look for a known technique using the data you got on Rodhes!

Once in Hades… it’s a privesc related to the stuff deployed at the machine. That’s all I can say.

I hope the people enjoy the machine. Regards!

Hello OscarAkaElvis!

Thank you for this nice challenge - I really like the way the breadcrumbs are themed appropriately.

I just got root on the box, and I thought you might like some feedback. Overall, I really like the very clever puzzle pieces you guys have put in.

However, I did spend 90% of the time being stuck on the Rodhes(dns) step, even though my very first idea turned out to be the correct one! Some of the flavor text could perhaps use a slight adjustment. The structure of the steps from crete → olympia, etc is quite straight forward, but the circumstances of the rodhes step is confusing in a non-technical way.

It’s a bit hard to explain exactly what I mean without spoiling, but you’re very welcome to msg me directly if you want a more detailed image.

So that was a bit frustrating, but otherwise, clever puzzles and good experience :slight_smile:

I know for some people could be very hard. Other users reported me that was easy… that’s the medium level I think. :slight_smile: enjoy! Fun & learn as much as youcan from all the machines!

Seems like I’m “too close” to something… The problem is I don’t know to what :smiley:

Hello, still not sure what I have to do at the webpage. I am sure I am missing something very obvious, can someone pm me so I can check?

Cracked the thing, but can’t really figure out where to go from here.

@Frondosus said:

Same boat … Any hint would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

@abogaida said:

@Frondosus said:

Same boat … Any hint would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

@abogaida pm me on MM

And done!

@S4ck … I got a hint from the creator and I got root now… Thank you so much for your offer.

@OscarAkaElvis Awesome machine …very enjoyable :slight_smile:

@Frondosus said:

ditto

I really appreciate a small hint about Crete. I reviewed headers and I don’t know how I can exploit what I found

@n1b1ru said:
I really appreciate a small hint about Crete. I reviewed headers and I don’t know how I can exploit what I found

Same here

The author gave the biggest hint for Crete. He says, Don’t enumerate hard and look at the responses. You need to understand the response and when you do it will come to you.

Well got the dns zone after receiving a helping hand from the gods… however im confused should i open the portal now or do i need to get into another machine first? Ssh seem to be enabled but the a record from dns is some private ip

How long did it take for everyone to crack it? 20 min in now, and it’s saying 3 hr left. Should I have started from the end??

Depends on your system. Average time Is after 50% of the guesses.

@genxweb said:

@Frondosus said:

ditto

Also stuck there :confused:

@rr1993 said:

Yup. Got it after an hour and half. VM on macbook air, haha, not the most powerful for sure

@n0tl33t said:

@rr1993 said:

Yup. Got it after an hour and half. VM on macbook air, haha, not the most powerful for sure

Same here, an hour and a half for about 50%.

Still stuck on the missing host_id though, is the decrypted traffic a dead end (host_int), or am I missing something obvious?