Cascade

Finally root the box. Thanks the creator @VbScrub for amazing machine. Thx for help me @tkuczyn , @rudem , @marlasthemage.

Hey guys. Im pretty stuck.
Been trying to get something valuable from the h*x of s*****h

I tried decoding it on kali and on windows using different tools but some chars drive me insane. I know what kind of file it is. I just dont find the tool or article on google a few people are refering to.
Any small nudge would be appreciated

Edit: Got it thanks to @thammarit … Actually kind of tricky when you do not find the article. Guess my google skills just suck

another great box from @VbScrub , I really appreciate the thought and effort you put into these boxes and the content you put out for the community, can’t wait for your next box to roll out

rooted! thanks @VbScrub :))

Thanks for the box @VbScrub, amazing, thanks to @thammarit to give me the correct parameters for the final step.

Guys, got the user flag but it’s not accepted by the htb platform (already know about the new rotate flag rule). I tried to reset the machine (flag still the same) and it does not work. Did someone have the same problem?

Edit: nvm, I waited for 10 min after resetting to submit, and (finally) it was accepted.

Spoiler Removed

just rooted. Not excessively difficult box and found a brilliant tool called JetBrains dotPeek. Someone in the forums mentioned Ghidra. Have anyone managed to get the information from it?

@VbScrub Thanks a lot mate for an interesting box, really enjoyed it.

I got 3rd user, How can I get the secret of the dead man? Can you PM with the help? Thank you!

trying to wake up the dead with the right account but getting access denied , any idea ?

@Ch0p1n, you don’t need to wake them up…just do a little grave robbing.

Type your comment> @marlasthemage said:

@Ch0p1n, you don’t need to wake them up…just do a little grave robbing.

Thank you very much , got it

Hello, I am facing problem with this box.I can’t connect using Evil-Winrm but with the same username and password I can connect using smbmap.
username s.h
password s

Type your comment> @samirul said:

Hello, I am facing problem with this box.I can’t connect using Evil-Winrm but with the same username and password I can connect using smbmap.
username s.h
password s

that is not a problem, that is by design. Not all users can connect to WinRM (in the real world, only admins usually)

Did anyone have a problem with HTB not accepting the user.txt flag? I assume this is a bug with the new dynamic flags feature, but it’s so very annoying. I raised a support ticket will see what they come back with.

I double-checked my lab vpn connection was the same that the website thought, also that the machine hadn’t just been reset. I took the flag and immediately submitted it after getting it.

@orangehat yep, loads of people. I sent feedback to HTB about it as well

Type your comment> @VbScrub said:

@orangehat yep, loads of people. I sent feedback to HTB about it as well

Ahh, oops sorry to spam the forum then. Was worried about seeing some spoilers, trying to do boxes hint free nowadays!

Rooted! Really fun machine! Thanks :slight_smile:

Rooted… learned a ton about windows. feel like the relationship i now have with windows just turned from pure hatred to " it’s complicated :wink: "
PM for nudges
+respect if i helped you :slight_smile: cheers!

Rooted, thanks to @Alpha19 ^^.

My tired head couldn’t see the end in plain sight!

Lesson - More sleep required.

Cheers Alpha, for the nudge.