Traceback

Rooted! I have a strange feeling I never triggered my own payloads and that someone else did it for me… found out while racing and then trying to clean up my mess! :smiley:

Rooted.

■■■■■■■!!! I made that way too hard. Finally Rooted. I was on the right path…but made things way to over complicated.

Thanks to WhiskeyBar

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@uditkapahi said:

Stuck at initial enum, tried searching on various aspects mentioned in the comments OSINT and Google , still no way in.

Did you find the g****b page? If so, search it for the phrase and it takes you to a place where lots of things are stored. You can then create wordlist for these and enumerate for it.

I am still struggling to find right info from the g****b repo page . Found some scripts obfuscated, but it seems that they are of no use.

@uditkapahi said:

I am still struggling to find right info from the g****b repo page . Found some scripts obfuscated, but it seems that they are of no use.

Search for the term on the HTB box index page. Take a list of every file name on the page it takes you to and enumerate them. ISTR there are less than 20 file names to check.

Please stop brute forcing the box.

Man root it killing me on this box. Not really straight forward. I really struggled on this box. Anyone fell like PMing me help with root? I just need to know I’m looking in the right location. I don’t want the answer.

Type your comment> @Chi3f said:

Man root it killing me on this box. Not really straight forward. I really struggled on this box. Anyone fell like PMing me help with root? I just need to know I’m looking in the right location. I don’t want the answer.

find the answer in the process running

Rooted this fun box some time back, PM me if y’all need a nudge or two

pls Don’t reset the box.

Hello , i managed to get the root flag , but due to exsesive resets and machine being laggy , i couldnt get the root password to unlock somewriteups online , can anybody PM me the root password , check my profile for proof. thanks in advance

Stucked on user, how to get to root?

Rooted. if you stuck PM me and will gladly help.

So I’m totally stuck…I fount a g****b page and some potential web shells but I’m not sure how to determine which one would work best. Any help? Can someone DM me some hints?

Type your comment> @TheMaestr0 said:

Rooted. if you stuck PM me and will gladly help.

got the header file, inserted code but not getting anything, Is there other way.

Type your comment> @Chi3f said:

Same with me, if you found the way then a nudge would be great.
Tried injecting in 00-hea*** still not getting it

got the header file, inserted code but not getting anything, Is there other way.

r u sure that your inserted code is persistent, just sayin …

Type your comment> @TheMaestr0 said:

I know it’s not persistent, it’s getting erased every time I’m logging, as cp command is running on each login it copies file from /var/backups/up** and pasting to e**/motd/ dir.
Any hint how to make it persistent or Is there other way around?

@EzioRaison said:

@TheMaestr0 said:

I know it’s not persistent, it’s getting erased every time I’m logging, as cp command is running on each login it copies file from /var/backups/up** and pasting to e**/motd/ dir.

You can’t make it persistent. As you mentioned, it gets constantly restored, so you rather need to be quick.

Type your comment> @HomeSen said:

@EzioRaison said:

@TheMaestr0 said:

You can’t make it persistent. As you mentioned, it gets constantly restored, so you rather need to be quick.

Any hint how to do that, or what i need to learn in order to do that?