Cascade

@VbScrub Dude, I liked your last box, but I LOVED this box. It was kind of a love-hate relationship, but by the end it was actually fun and I learned a TON! I look forward to the other boxes you have queued up.

Normally I come for tons of clues, but I think this one gave enough clues to every step to keep moving. Prost and Cheers!

@imag1ne thanks man, great to hear :smile:

i love this box more than i love myself, thank you @VbScrub

This was one of the best Medium difficulty boxes I’ve ever done! At times I got stuck thinking that something would be “too real life”, but this box has plenty of those real life, yet still balanced aspects

Can’t wait for the next box @VbScrub :smile:

@selfhatred said:
i love this box more than i love myself, thank you @VbScrub

:lol: the highest of praise haha thanks

I know the way to get a root, but I can’t find a way to pivot to a***c. Can anybody hint me on this? Is it somehow related to .lk?

@VbScrub This is my favorite box I’ve done on HTB so far! Great job, and thank you!

Need a nudge for moving from r.t to a****c
enum everything i could on smb… found a few promissing things but not sure what to do with it.

Thanks!

Is RE a way for root?

Edit: it is!

Fun box. Good refresher on the directory that’s light and all things Windows in general.

Having problems with User flag on HTB

Type your comment> @limbernie said:

Fun box. Good refresher on the directory that’s light and all things Windows in general.

I agree, I actually loved that foothold! However WTF with the flag?? I reset the machine twice already, the hash stayed the same and says it is invalid :confused:

EDIT: After like 5 resets it worked…

root was a pain in the …
if anyone got root with the light d search tool
pm me your query used, would like to understand that more

Looking for a nudge on finding passwords, got users but I can’t seem to find anything password related anywhere else…?

Type your comment> @xTheOmenx said:

Looking for a nudge on finding passwords, got users but I can’t seem to find anything password related anywhere else…?

I am also stucked on same thing. Tried lots of thing but did not get password.

This can be done on linux only right?
Like how do I get something usable from the hex?
This the right path?

Pm please!

Spoiler Removed

Rooted

thanks @VbScrub , Great job, and thk you…

Type your comment> @HomeSen said:

@roelvb said:
I have read the massive output of e4*x several times, line by line, but no password found. Am I looking on the right place?

The information you seek is not there.
I’d suggest switching to more traditional enumeration tools :wink:

It is there, but you need an eagle-eye to see it :smiley:

Rooted .
OK so yes enumeration is key ,no nudges just enumerate ,If you are stuck they you havent enumerated or you dont see properly . Which i did a few times in the process .
Was stuck at some point from 2nd user to 3rd but then went back gather what i had and looked at it closely :slight_smile: .
So like someone said proper enumeration for this box is the key ,not tools for enumeration .

@VbScrub honestly i hated the box at some point maybe in the beginning but when i started connecting the dots all fell into place : )
Cool box!