Traverxec

ROOTED MY FIRST MACHINE!!!
But I don’t know what you mean with resizing windows… If someone wants to tell me it would be appreciated.
What a beautiful website, thank you all guys!

Hey, can someone help me. I got to the initial reverse shell but i’m having trouble with user.

@DiamondBlitz
Look who you are and where you (or better, the application running as you) needs access to perform its duty.
Note also some unusual directory permissions.
These two things belong together.

rooted! :smiley:

Cannot believe how that root prompt came out! :wink:

need a nudge pleases… i’m at initial low priv shell and was able to find a file containing details about the server and also the d**** user’s encrypted creds which i’ve been trying to crack…

can someone please help if this is the right track and not a rabbit hole. also, i’m unable to crack using john and i think it’s not going to be useful for ssh either.

some help around my situation would be really appreciated :neutral:

Edit: Reached User and trying to privesc to root; just tried Lin****** and trying to find a way out for quite some time…

Edit-2: Rooted… :slight_smile: if anyone needs a nudge, please feel free to DM.

rooted… but still trying to fully grasp the minimized window helping with this… i’ve gotten some idea of it but not sure… if anyone has an understanding or wants to discuss, please PM…

@knock23 said:

rooted… but still trying to fully grasp the minimized window helping with this… i’ve gotten some idea of it but not sure… if anyone has an understanding or wants to discuss, please PM…

If the window wasn’t small, how would you enter the escape sequence?

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@knock23 said:

If the window wasn’t small, how would you enter the escape sequence?

yeah… it makes sense :wink:

Type your comment> @newrookie said:

ROOTED MY FIRST MACHINE!!!
But I don’t know what you mean with resizing windows… If someone wants to tell me it would be appreciated.
What a beautiful website, thank you all guys!

Hey, you have to resize the windows because it let you keep writing inside the script, so you can do the operations to get with root! :smile:

User and rooted!

If someone needs help just feel free to PM me. :wink:

@knock23 said:

This is only because the terminal let you to write in the script with the less option, that’s all! Hope I have helped you.

Finally rooted.
Thanks to ByteM3 and Salt

So I’ll leave two hints for root:

1. look at the interesting file in your home folder. make sure you read it VERY carefully, you will find something interesting. Use GTFObins to figure out what interesting line is doing
  2. I would google ‘Bandit Level 25 to Level 26’. It will give you some more perspective about all the resizing hints. FYI Bandit is a great start to your pen testing career and will get you warmed up with all the weird tricks it takes to break these boxes.

Ping me for questions :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m stuck to get the root flag. I saw an exploit using the j****tl in GTFO bin but it seem not to be working for me. Anyone can give me a tip on a right direction?

Rooted.

@hangTuah said:

Hi, I’m stuck to get the root flag. I saw an exploit using the j****tl in GTFO bin but it seem not to be working for me. Anyone can give me a tip on a right direction?

yeah - read back a few questions: Traverxec - #1267 by knock23 - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums

finally I got the user flag.
I don’t fully understand one thing of the process.

How is it possible to read that b**** .**z file? Looking at parent folder permission, I don’t have permission with that lowshell user .
I mean, I can read that file but I think I shouldn’t be able because the permissions of parent folder.

can anyone explain me that?

I have the user flag, but when I submit on the HTB website, it says invalid flag… Any particular reason?

[Update] I was giving the User.txt in the System Own and Root.txt in the User Own.

Too late here in India, very sleepy and tired… Sorry for the stupid confusion

Rooted this fun box some time back, PM me if y’all need a nudge or two

I’ve been stuck on the user flag for far too long and could use a nudge. I’ve read a lot of comments on here and just still can’t seem to find anything to help me over the line

I’ve got the creds for D**** and have seen the /~D***** url. I’ve also stared at the conf file and manual endlessly and can’t seem to make anything of the hints for directory permissions and such. Does it have to do with the pid and signalling?

Could really use a hand