Cascade

Hey all, I have creds for a user that I have reversed from how I found them but they still don’t look right. Any slight nudges?

Rooted!
Really nice and easy box. The initial part can be a bit tricky, but after that everything is pretty straight-forward.

Congrats to @VbScrub on creating another interesting box! Kudos to you!

PM for hints

Rooted!
That was a fun ride!
if Anyone who used the chef, could PM to explain, that would be appreciated.

Managed to get creds for three users but I’m still not seeing a way to get the user flag.

Type your comment> @bigFish43 said:

Managed to get creds for three users but I’m still not seeing a way to get the user flag.

If you’ve got three sets of credentials, you should be able to login as two of them. Check all the services.

Type your comment> @impetuousdanny said:

Type your comment> @bigFish43 said:

If you’ve got three sets of credentials, you should be able to login as two of them. Check all the services.

@impetuousdanny Thanks a bunch! Apparently I missed that one particular service in my initial port scan. Weird.

Woohoo. Rooted! Thanks @b3nn and @moszkva for the nudges. Thanks @VbScrub for a great box. Your boxes are great AD practice.
General hint for this box: Screw your automated scripts. This needs you to think through the data you’re looking at
DM for nudges.

@anuragd said:
General hint for this box: Screw your automated scripts. This needs you to think through the data you’re looking at

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was going for :slight_smile:

Very nice box, VbScrub! Learned something new here. Not all data sources are equal, even tho if they appear to be! Windows is weird!

got user.txt but HTB keep saying it’s invalid lol ?

Type your comment> @sazouki said:

Type your comment> @VbScrub said:

Type your comment> @sazouki said:

HTB News | Integrity of Hack The Box

yeah got it & rooted thanks for this machine

@VbScrub said:

@sazouki said:

This is getting ludicrous. Are we expected to reset a box, once we got user, just to get a fresh hash? :rage:
Got user, submitted the hash within 5-10s and got invalid. The Machine was NOT reset during those few seconds, since my session is still valid (and I didn’t see anything related in the shoutbox).
Now, even after resetting the machine, the hash is the same and invalid :confused:

Thx for the box! @VbScrub ! Enjoyed a lot doing it

t> @HomeSen said:

@VbScrub said:

@sazouki said:

This is getting ludicrous. Are we expected to reset a box, once we got user, just to get a fresh hash? :rage:
Got user, submitted the hash within 5-10s and got invalid. The Machine was NOT reset during those few seconds, since my session is still valid (and I didn’t see anything related in the shoutbox).
Now, even after resetting the machine, the hash is the same and invalid :confused:

Then maybe that’s not the hash?

You mean user.txt?

If so that’s super weird and I’d suggest to contact HTB about that.

@l0w said:

@HomeSen said:

@VbScrub said:

@sazouki said:

Then maybe that’s not the hash?

You mean user.txt?

If so that’s super weird and I’d suggest to contact HTB about that.

After yet another reset, a new hash was generated and it actually worked.

Also, finally rooted the machine.
Thank you @VbScrub for that machine. Really enjoyed it. Especially the part having to use “standard service tools” to get the information that one seeks :slight_smile:

Really fun box, I enjoyed it and I learned new stuffs about LDAP
Thank you @VbScrub

I have read the massive output of e4*x several times, line by line, but no password found. Am I looking on the right place?

@roelvb said:
I have read the massive output of e4*x several times, line by line, but no password found. Am I looking on the right place?

The information you seek is not there.
I’d suggest switching to more traditional enumeration tools :wink:

Type your comment> @roelvb said:

try harder