Fatty

Type your comment> @Hackalicious said:

I have been able to update the .jar file. However I am still getting SHA256 validation errors. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe there are still remnants (e.g. signature files) from the old jar file that are being included in your new one.

whoa boy, looks like i hit a technical cap, got some reading to do, anyone want to point me to any good articles about the de serialization portion?

What program do I use to modify a .class file?

You can use a java IDE like Eclipse

Type your comment> @d3b4g said:

I installed Eclipse on my kali box. Doesn’t open them. I must have done something wrong. Will rinse and repeat. TYVM

Type your comment> @prokaryont said:

I have been able to update the .jar file. However I am still getting SHA256 validation errors. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe there are still remnants (e.g. signature files) from the old jar file that are being included in your new one.

Was able to overcome using zip -d fy-c**.jar ‘-/.SF’ ‘-/.RSA’ ‘*-/*SF’

I got user but I’m running out of ideas for gaining root. Can anyone help me with a hint?
Please PM.

After two days of pain i’m completely stuck on root

@Hackalicious said:

@d3b4g said:

@Hackalicious said:

I installed Eclipse on my kali box. Doesn’t open them. I must have done something wrong. Will rinse and repeat. TYVM

Well, you don’t open .class file in Eclipse, but rather the (decompiled) .java files :wink:

has anyone managed to compile the decompiled version, or is it easier to write a client from scratch (using the decompiled source)?

Type your comment> @HomeSen said:

@Hackalicious said:

@d3b4g said:

@Hackalicious said:

Well, you don’t open .class file in Eclipse, but rather the (decompiled) .java files :wink:

I discovered Recaf. Golden.

@an0n said:
has anyone managed to compile the decompiled version, or is it easier to write a client from scratch (using the decompiled source)?

It requires some manual tweaking, but I found it easier to import the decompiled client into Eclipse, manipulate it directly and then re-compile it using Maven.

@HomeSen said:

@an0n said:

It requires some manual tweaking, but I found it easier to import the decompiled client into Eclipse, manipulate it directly and then re-compile it using Maven.

thx, had some trouble with Eclipse, using pure Maven (after some minor tweaking) solved the issues.

Alternatively, you could modify java bytecode with recaf

Type your comment> @an0n said:

@flk said:

Thank you. I ran into issues with Eclipse. Installed, however, get errors when I try to open anything.

@Hackalicious said:
Type your comment> @an0n said:

@flk said:

Thank you. I ran into issues with Eclipse. Installed, however, get errors when I try to open anything.

use cmdline maven (after arranging everything to their appropriate folders).

That box stung a bit. Root seemed fairly intuitive. Everything before took me a very long time to get everything aligned and perfect, was out of my comfort zone big time with regards to a lot of the stuff needed to get user. This box made me rage and swear a bit but I can’t blame it for that. Solid learning experience for me. Thanks to all who helped point out my flaws. Good job with this one @qtc

Ok - this box is difficult. I struggled getting the basic version 8 package installed :smile: I might have to go back to waiting until it is retired :sweat_smile:

Guys,
Anyone could give me a little nudge to start root?
I am stuck for 4 days trying to figure out where a weakness is, no way to find it.

Has anyone anyone been able to download that file from the server without writing code?
If so i woulde love to hear how, Ive been struggling to get anything utilising socat and ssldump