[OSINT] Easy Phish

GO FOR RECORDS:

Nice and cool challenge, I’ve learn something new, I was really stuck on the second part, until I’ve read the second post of the forum, also, always 2nd.

Any help with the 2nd part? I did a lot of digging. MX, TXT. etc. Just cannot see it. Could someone please shoot me a DM :slight_smile: Happy to rep.

Hey everyone, thanks for playing Easy Phish, I can’t believe 4500 people have solved it!

I really appreciated reading all your positive comments and I’m glad you enjoyed the challenge!

I found the first half but I really am having trouble with the second half. Any suggestions?

Nvm I figured it out

I get a blank site with no response from IP or d** lookups. Is this normal? is the challenge still up?

Type your comment> @guanicoe said:

I get a blank site with no response from IP or d** lookups. Is this normal? is the challenge still up?

Same problem is here, it was up two days ago now it’s blank

I just ran through it yesterday with someone so I can vouch for it working 3/15/20

Today, I’m getting a godaddy domain parked page.

edit: …nevermind.

HAHAHA, this really made me laugh, I feel sorry for the people who can’t find both parts but what made me laugh is the person who knew he had the flag but didn’t know about the second half. I can imagine someone banging their head against the wall knowing they have the flag (well half the flag) but not realising.

@Knightsec said:
i cant find the second half… been working 10 h to find it and i cant

Did you find it in the end?

EDIT.

Nevermind. red herring. Got it.

finally got it! nice one.

Took me a lot of time.
Tips that would have helped a lot:
-nslookup, dig, host
-Google email antispam settings/filter spam dns
Anyone needing tips can PM me on Reddit: felipef1g or Discord: felipef1g#5404

wow, i love the challenges that make me feel stupid, or under knowledged. But finally got the 2nd half after lots of digging, on the internet as well. there is a pdf out there on auditing an email server that finally got me over the hump.

1 Like

Is this challenge broken or am I just not understanding it at all.

If my first htb challenge and I’m not sure if I’m understanding what I’m supposed to be doing.

I don’t get much from any DNS dig or anything. Not even an MX record and the domain is parked.

Type your comment> @RageWire said:

Is this challenge broken or am I just not understanding it at all.

If my first htb challenge and I’m not sure if I’m understanding what I’m supposed to be doing.

I don’t get much from any DNS dig or anything. Not even an MX record and the domain is parked.

Nevermind. I’m a dummy.

Good SMTP 100% Inbox - SMTP for Spamming - Send unlimited emails per day - Spam Tools - SMTP settings for Inbox Office 365 - Sms Spamming - Bulletproof cPanels & Shells for scampage Craxs RAT - Fud Crypter - XWorm RAT

Telegram Channel : @zexoclub
Telegram : @zex0club