Olympus

agreed, timeouts have been killing me lol

This machine is driving me crazy. I’ve run multiple recon tools but I can’t get anything useful to get the initial foothold. If someone wants to help me, I would really appreciate a PM

I have shell, and I have found something interseting, from which I have derived something and cracked something else. No idea what to do next, as in order to use these findings a certain type of interface has to be available, which it doesn’t seem to be?

Hey guys ,any hints for non-visible user.txt ? Also is the capture relevant or just a rabbit hole ?

Though this box is a bit unstable at the foothold stage, it absolutely is one of the more fun machines. I dig the story line approach.

In the same boat as uck084. I know where I want to go from here, but don’t know how the pcap is relevant, and I’m not seeing much else. Any help is appreciated.

@cdf123 said:
In the same boat as uck084. I know where I want to go from here, but don’t know how the pcap is relevant, and I’m not seeing much else. Any help is appreciated.

I can tell that there are two ways to deal with this stuff -:slight_smile:

@macw141 said:

@cdf123 said:

I can tell that there are two ways to deal with this stuff -:slight_smile:

And each of them gives a different result :wink:

I always got RST packet … I can’t change my vpn to usa (NOT VIP…) , what can i do !?

something to do with DNS or just a rabbit hole? I’ve been enumerating but not getting anything. Also, crawlers did not give me anything.

@Randsec said:
something to do with DNS or just a rabbit hole? I’ve been enumerating but not getting anything. Also, crawlers did not give me anything.

web :slight_smile:
no need to enumerate

@owodelta said:

@Randsec said:

web :slight_smile:
no need to enumerate

Any nudge on what we are supposed to do with the web page we got?

Try a different tool, something that doesn’t numerate.

Fair Warning: The step after the cap (you’ll know what I mean when you see/do it) is (imo) lame. It requires a bit of guessing on what to do next as something that shouldn’t be used as something IS used as something…

Stuck opening the portal to Hades. Pretty sure i know what to do, but maybe my timing is off? Anyone able to message me?

And root! Good box.

So I was able to get a shell before via a particular method and now it doesn’t work. Has anyone else encountered this?

Hi to all. Machine creator here. Answering to some general questions…

For that guys stuck at “Crete island” (the web). Hard enumeration is not needed. Just pay attention to all the response info at the website.

For that guys stuck at “Olympia”. The user flag is not there but it’s normal. The machine is not bugged. Everything has an explanation. You’ll understand better at the end. Just follow the bread crumbs (hints). Be patient on cracking till the end… known dicts are useful.

For that guys stuck on Rodhes (dns). A big hint… DNS is usually at port 53udp. This machine has open as you know 53tcp. That port is always used exclusively for something. You should do something with it but only after olympia with the appropiate data. Don’t waste your time at the beginning. Without the correct data is not possible to guess.

After Rodhes (dns) to open the portal to Hades is quite simple! look for a known technique using the data you got on Rodhes!

Once in Hades… it’s a privesc related to the stuff deployed at the machine. That’s all I can say.

I hope the people enjoy the machine. Regards!

I got stuck on Rhodes for awhile lol proper enum… Awesome box man! And kudos on airgeddon it’s an awesome tool!

Loved this machine, combination of many challenges and learned smth new on every step. for those who is enumerating dns, the order of your dns enumeration own command is important…