Forest write-up by limbernie

@VbScrub said:

@101001101029A said:
Thx for the writeup! I could’nt get root in time :frowning: All the time i missed to add the User to the “Exchange Trusted Subsystem Group”. But why is it necessary?. I would think adding him to “Exchange Windows Permissions” should be fine while looking at the BloodHound Graph? you know why it’s necessary? :slight_smile:

Its not necessary. I did it with only the Exchange Windows Permissions group. See my video here: Forest Video Walkthrough - Video Tutorials - Hack The Box :: Forums

@systemcheater said:
I could not own this machine because when I tried to attack with GetNPUsers I got an HTB:88 does not exist

Sounds like you put the wrong domain name in. The domain name you need to specify is “htb.local”

@VbScrub said:

@101001101029A said:
Thx for the writeup! I could’nt get root in time :frowning: All the time i missed to add the User to the “Exchange Trusted Subsystem Group”. But why is it necessary?. I would think adding him to “Exchange Windows Permissions” should be fine while looking at the BloodHound Graph? you know why it’s necessary? :slight_smile:

Its not necessary. I did it with only the Exchange Windows Permissions group. See my video here: Forest Video Walkthrough - Video Tutorials - Hack The Box :: Forums

@systemcheater said:
I could not own this machine because when I tried to attack with GetNPUsers I got an HTB:88 does not exist

Sounds like you put the wrong domain name in. The domain name you need to specify is “htb.local”

I put that and went I got this error, I think its something in my vpn because I cant use nslookup in none of the htb machines