Wget hanging when downloading from Attacking Machine!?!?!?!?

I have tried using wget to download files from the attacker machine to the victim machine.

I have tried SimpleHTTPServer, http.server and also Updog but everytime, after about 3 seconds it hangs.

I never had this issue before last week. I don’t get any error message, it just hangs.

Can anyone help out? I need to download pspy to the victim machine to find which process is firing off.

If its a recent easy box, there is a good chance other people attacking it are breaking it.

There isn’t an easy way people can remotely answer this - so many things could be involved - such as firewalling, network connectivity, box issues, etc

You can troubleshoot it by running tcpdump on your attacker box to watch the traffic to see if anything happens (resets etc). Depending on the box you could run tcpdump there as well and see if is differrent.

You can try using curl, nc, scp or other tools to move the data - it might show up where a problem lies.

You can double check you have the ability to write data to the location you are downloading it to etc.

Millions of things to try, unfortunately.

However you can try other methods of sending the data. Try base64ing the file and then echo "base64 stuff" | base64 -d > filename on the remote box. If the box has gcc you can copy the source files into a text document and try compiling it. Etc.

i setup a ftp server, else you can use xxd with xxd -r file > file2

Thanks for both of your answers. I had already tried everything mentioned.

The only thing I can think is that there is something blocking files of a certain size as I can transfer linenum.sh but I cant transfer linpeas.sh, pspy32, pspy64 or anything that seems to have a large file size.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

If its a recent easy box, there is a good chance other people attacking it are breaking it.

There isn’t an easy way people can remotely answer this - so many things could be involved - such as firewalling, network connectivity, box issues, etc

You can troubleshoot it by running tcpdump on your attacker box to watch the traffic to see if anything happens (resets etc). Depending on the box you could run tcpdump there as well and see if is differrent.

You can try using curl, nc, scp or other tools to move the data - it might show up where a problem lies.

You can double check you have the ability to write data to the location you are downloading it to etc.

Millions of things to try, unfortunately.

However you can try other methods of sending the data. Try base64ing the file and then echo "base64 stuff" | base64 -d > filename on the remote box. If the box has gcc you can copy the source files into a text document and try compiling it. Etc.

I just discovered this method not that long ago and what blown away how cool that method is.
OK, very noob of me perhaps lol but an awesome command