Traceback

help guys i can’t even get sysadmin user …
i executed the luvit then what i m stucked for 4 days

Type your comment> @lucaswebb24 said:

so now ssh doesnt work for me. .pub is in authorized_****, but it still asks for a password

Double check if you login as correct user and that somebody didn’t overwrite auth* file in the meantime

Type your comment> @dj3bb4ran0n said:

Just cat everything!

Finally figured it out! I think there are enough hints here to get user. For root make sure to google and figure out what m**d files are and how they are triggered. Thank you to @awarkozak for the useful hint!

Hey all, I’ve just joined recently and wanted to know if it was normal for boxes to be reset so often? I’ve managed to get User and now i cant spend 5 minutes before what i can assume is a reset.

Can someone PLEASE explain how to get pspy onto the machine?
It continuously hangs when i try to transfer it. I have figured out what to attack to get root but im now annoyed with trying to figure out how to transfer pspy.
I have tried simplehttpserver, httpserver and updog but none work.

Please someone help.

Running run-p*** on 00-h**** I get constantly error cannot create /r***/.s**/a********_***s: Permission denied
Any nudge what I am doing wrong? I check if all is written into with cat and looks fine. Syntax? Permissions? DM me please I will provide full details.

@Dodgy said:
Hey all, I’ve just joined recently and wanted to know if it was normal for boxes to be reset so often? I’ve managed to get User and now i cant spend 5 minutes before what i can assume is a reset.

Usually not, but on this machine people tend to go on a reset spree. Probably, due to not fully understanding how to achieve certain things.

@Gn0m3h4ck3r said:
Can someone PLEASE explain how to get pspy onto the machine?
It continuously hangs when i try to transfer it. I have figured out what to attack to get root but im now annoyed with trying to figure out how to transfer pspy.
I have tried simplehttpserver, httpserver and updog but none work.

Please someone help.

You don’t really need it :wink: Especially, when you already found out what to attack.

@Ric0 said:
Running run-p*** on 00-h**** I get constantly error cannot create /r***/.s**/a********_***s: Permission denied
Any nudge what I am doing wrong? I check if all is written into with cat and looks fine. Syntax? Permissions? DM me please I will provide full details.

Don’t run it yourself, but make root run it for you. Find out how this service works and you will see how to get it triggered properly :wink:

@Gn0m3h4ck3r said:

Im trying to download PSPY onto the machine but I seem to be having issues transferring any file onto the machine. It begins but then after about 3 seconds it hangs and the progress bar doesn’t move. I have tried with SimpleHTTPServer, http.server and UPDOG. All of them just hang. Anyone know why?

It depends on how you are sending it. You might find it easiest to use the web uploader.

@haizenburg said:

hi guys noob here, anyhelp on where to finned the said language tool, i tried which command and find but i get nothing

Run some standard privesc enumeration.

@lucaswebb24 said:

so now ssh doesnt work for me. .pub is in authorized_****, but it still asks for a password

Good chance someone else is on the box who doesn’t know the difference between > and >>.

We are on the same boat ?

Type your comment> @OffsecGeek01 said:

We are on the same boat ?

Pick your favourite search engine. A curated list of Unix binaries that can be exploited by an attacker to bypass local security restrictions would be handy. :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @hodorhodor said:

Type your comment> @OffsecGeek01 said:

(Quote)
Pick your favourite search engine. A curated list of Unix binaries that can be exploited by an attacker to bypass local security restrictions would be handy. :slight_smile:

Thanks you for your suggestions! Even I am good also with medium Linux boxes I am finding s lots of problems because of many reset and people Who delete file.

Thanks you!!!

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@gravecode said:

I’m a beginner. Not able to ssh w**a**** without a password. Any tips?

It depends what you’ve done and what you are trying to do.

In general, with SSH, you can bypass password authentication if you have generated authentication keys and your public key is stored in the correct location on the server.

Okay, I’ll try again. Thank you!

well done rooted, for me the crazy box ever, but not all is bad have learned a little more about m… services.

Hi,

I am user wmin, and found the lu file for the s***min user.

I also get it running, but every time when i type in something i get the error:
Unhandled key(s): \010

Someone can help me with this? I am really stuck in that part.

EDIT: thanks to @garffff i got further. It was a wrong initiated shell

User and root owned. Very nice box

Rooted.

• Foothold: OSINT → source → github
  • User: see what you can do and drop one liner giving you either flag or access to user and then flag
  • Root: Fun with SSH. Personally, I overthought massively :wink: Moreover, did not check where I can write into. At his point big thanks to @VɅNTɅBLɅCK @c4ph00k @sparkla for guiding me patiently.
    Overall, pleasant, educative experience. Learnt new wrapping tools. Thanks to @Xh4H

Didnt believe how many shells were on there until I used the default one. So slow. OSINT for User… Though still waiting for it to load. Root next.