Integrity of Hack The Box

So its HTB’s trainset and I am not going to argue with their choices but I think this is solving an unimportant problem while boxes like OpenAdmin, Traceback and Book could do with more effort in providing stability. (And I wish people would put critical Linux files as immutable).

Things I’d be curious about - is there a difference between an “old” flag and simply the wrong flag?

Are there any repercussions? If you submit an old flag do you get banned, warned or is there is a threshold?

I’ve just re-done traceback and its the exact same flag as when I did it on Sunday (and as far as I can tell the same flag for people on a different VPN). Does this mean it hasn’t been fully implemented yet or is there a glitch (which opens the door for false positives on the “cheater” alert)?

Lastly - should we be stricter with the advice we give out in private messages? Some people will ask enough questions to basically have the flag handed to them and others ask several people to piece it together. This means their flag/rank is not the same testament to their skill as the person who didn’t ask any questions.