Blackhole

Hi! I have got the flag, i am sure, becasuse i have used two differents decoders. The firts gave me two cypher strings and the second one gave a 14 mode of a famous cypher method. When i try to submit the flag it doesn’t work!

Is anyone available to confirm the flag if I PM you what I have? I have tried submitting it and it will not accept

iv decoded the message to plain text but theres no indication of the flag

Can see why this could be tricky for some users. Grabbed this challenge this weekend. Pm if you need a nudge/hint for any part.

Quite an interesting one brings back old memories from previous challenges… When I was trying to crack this I really wanted a Caesar salad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Let me know if you need any help!

On Windows, I got an empty folder instead of the image.
Try again in a Linux VM. Worked for me using unzip on ParrotOS.
If you still get a folder, try a different unzipping tool

HOW THE ■■■■ DID HE MAKE THIS?! That’s the real question. I solved it but I’m stumped as to what sorts of magic incantations that he utilized to create this mystical challenge.

Actually this was very easy, the most difficult part was getting the image (and was easy because I simply used more than one unzip tools until I found one that was not fooled by the trick)

That was fun, my first attempt at steg. Glad it was a simple one :slight_smile:

hahha fun!

Type your comment> @Wolfstorm said:

Quite an interesting one brings back old memories from previous challenges… When I was trying to crack this I really wanted a Caesar salad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Let me know if you need any help!

Thanks for the hint :wink:

Loved the tipping of a hat to the great man, wedged in next to the flag

I love it , and Learned new thing …Thank you @ice3man

Type your comment> @Drxxx said:

Can you point me in a direction? I have the image but not really sure where to go from here. I’ve tried hex dumps and strings but at a loss as to where to go from here.

I love it , and Learned new thing …Thank you @ice3 > @aut0exec said:

Can you point me in a direction? I have the image but not really sure where to go from here. I’ve tried hex dumps and strings but at a loss as to where to go from here.

I love Exiftool … so I used it :wink: then read carefully output … and think :smiley:

I love Exiftool … so I used it :wink: then read carefully output … and think :smiley:

Hmmm… I’ve been staring/researching exiftool’s output for about 2 hours. I’ve tried a number of args but they all keep showing the same limited amount of information. Didn’t seem to find an embedded image in the image either. I’m on exiftool V 11.92 if that matters any. Any other pointers?

Also tried decomposing the image in gimp to see if there was hidden info there but didn’t see anything there as well.

Type your comment> @aut0exec said:

Hmmm… I’ve been staring/researching exiftool’s output for about 2 hours. I’ve tried a number of args but they all keep showing the same limited amount of information. Didn’t seem to find an embedded image in the image either. I’m on exiftool V 11.92 if that matters any. Any other pointers?

Also tried decomposing the image in gimp to see if there was hidden info there but didn’t see anything there as well.

You don’t notice any thing unusual in the the output ?! feel free to pm me if no :wink:

Nice and funny chall.
I think I was a little lucky here since I solved every step in a very straight way.
Could you someone DM me in order to explain the ‘magic’?
Actually there was a little not standard clue, I don’t want to miss the ‘lesson learned’
Ty

Just a quick tip/warning that will avoid beginners to waste a lot of time on nothing: The output of the extraction can be different depending on the program / OS you are using.

For example In Kali(VM) it extracts an empty folder but in Fedora it extracts a image (without extension).

Type your comment> @FlatMarsSociet said:

On Windows, I got an empty folder instead of the image.
Try again in a Linux VM. Worked for me using unzip on ParrotOS.
If you still get a folder, try a different unzipping tool

I was stuck until I read this and tried unzip
Thanks!