Traverxec

Can anyone shoot me a tip on how to get from inital foothold to user flag? i used MSFConsole and a py script to exploit a 0 day. have access each way but no permissons to do much. trying to comb though conf files and such. i feel like i am very close.

dont know much about GTFO

SUID’s???

Looking for a very very small nudge on user I have creds, I know about ~**** with n***** server. I feel like I’m missing something simple. Please PM me.

Type your comment> @LSCSG said:

Looking for a very very small nudge on user I have creds, I know about ~**** with n***** server. I feel like I’m missing something simple. Please PM me.

Just read the conf file carefully.
you will get what you want

Type your comment> @johnmflynch said:

Can anyone shoot me a tip on how to get from inital foothold to user flag? i used MSFConsole and a py script to exploit a 0 day. have access each way but no permissons to do much. trying to comb though conf files and such. i feel like i am very close.

dont know much about GTFO

you dont need GTFO for initial steps.
You should just explore the directories
you might find something :wink:

Finally rooted ! Second box after postman. The really hard part was getting user (took me a few days). Then the root part is really easier than you think. All the hints on this forum are more than enough (kinda regret reading it tbh).

Hey Guys,
I need a nudge in the right direction.

I’ve used the exploit with a .py script (it seems I’m not that good with MSF, I’ll need to work on that.) .

I’ve found the hash in the location described in the conf file and got the N…e pwd.
I also know about the existence of the ~… page which block my entrance.
With effort I’m trying to find maybe folders/files underneath this folder but I feel like I’m on the wrong track.

No clue for root, but that will be for later on.

please help me!

~ p.s. I’ve read through all the 41 pages and I’m just not seeing what I think I’m supposed to see in the conf/man ~

rooted. Agree that root was a little CTFy… I thought I could get it to work with environment but size was the only way.

Hi all.
I know i’m the n-th to ask, but:
i’ve used the exploit that drive to /usr/bin as www-data, but i’m stuck here.
Anyone willing to pm me?
Thanks in advance.

My first root on an active box. Many thanks to @OffsecGeek01 for the help. Much appreciated!

Type your comment> @j1024z said:

My first root on an active box. Many thanks to @OffsecGeek01 for the help. Much appreciated!

Your welcome!

After a lot of hours…finally rooted. And I didn’t need to “resize” my terminal but at first I didn’t understad why that command worked. After with root privileges, checked the s*****s file tells more, why.

It was a very fun box with easy and not-so-easy steps, especially the user part.

• First: As always…

• User: Exploit, then you should find some config files, which can give you hint for the next step. After you found the proper folder, you should download a necessary file from that. With some cracking tool you can figure out the credential and can use it for log in.

• Root: Everything will be “in your room”. Check those and you can find files which can help, how can move forward. And don’t forget the GTFObins

many thanks to eviltor13 and bytem3 fol helping in root!
foothold: google is your friend
user: enumerate the box maybe you might find something that your not supose to find?
root : check out the trash maybe you might find something there and also google is friend in this one … refer o the one above me if your confuse!

Rooted this a while ago, finished writing the report for it.

My hints for all:
User: Google, use what’s in front of you. Then, RTFM. Can’t stress this enough, it will be confusing but eventually you’ll get it.
Root: Standard stuff, everything is in your room. Read it, search it, understand it. Take it over.

Feel free to message me if you want any hints or nudges!

rooted. PM for help

Well I got this after some major adjustments but I tried it another way and I cannot figure out why one works and the other did not

rooted, root was much easier than user albeit rather strange.

User Hint : Look for app specific exploits to get a foothold. Once you have a limited shell, look at the application config files to see where sensitive info may be hidden. Focus on alternatives to passwords.

Root Hint : Look at the files within the homedir of the user and look at the context under which the commands are being run. Play about with it and terminal size matters.

Thanks to the creator of the box as had alot of fun with this one.

Nugget!

whoami

root

plenty of clues in these forums…but let me know if you need any assistance.

got root much more faster then the first user.
tried too much usless stuff (start own web server etc.) to get the secret, but it was way more simple.

Thx for the box, pm me if you need a hint.

Can i get some suggestions if my screen is sooooooooooo tiny yet cant get something to invoke to use it…HELP!!

Update: Rooted…stupid cats