Traceback

Comments

• A group of newbs are deleting the l** file needed to get user flag, and then cancelling resets so they can work on root.

• rooted if you stuck PM me

0zxyx

• rooted yesterday. but not without help. main problem was that I got sidetracked by scripts made by other users. Sadly I realized way too late that those files are not supposed to be there :(
    Anyway: really great box. taught me new things. thats the most important thing. Thank you @Xh4H

Init foothold: read everything you an access and then google
    user: look at what you can access/run and if someone left notes behind
    root: look at whats going on and look for something you can wirte to

Hack The Box

• edited March 2020

Thanks to the belter whose removed lu*** on VIP15...very useful
    EDIT: Switched servers and its not on VIP2 either...@Xh4H?..

• I dont know if its been considered, but it might be worth making the critical files immutable to stop people deleting them out of stupidity or malice.

TazWake

Note: https://www.nohello.com/

Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible! If you say vague things like "It's not working", I cant help. This isn't Twitter so my DMs are always open.

• Type your comment> @TazWake said:

I dont know if its been considered, but it might be worth making the critical files immutable to stop people deleting them out of stupidity or malice.

This...

• Box has been patched yesterday, the useful file has been moved to another folder ...

Hack The Box

• User was fun, going with root now.

Pm me if you are stuck in user.

• can someone plzz tell me what to do after the shell.... i dont know what to do with the .lua file... it is showing error when i run it....

Hack The Box

• @thescriptkiddy said:
    can someone plzz tell me what to do after the shell.... i dont know what to do with the .lua file... it is showing error when i run it....

You probably copied wrong from one of the other users ;)
    Just read the error output, you should be able to fix the error yourself.

• Going fine so far, but when running meterpreter I get "Failed to load extension: No response was received to the core_enumextcmd". How do I correct this?

• Type your comment> @h4ckd0tm3 said:

@thescriptkiddy said:
    can someone plzz tell me what to do after the shell.... i dont know what to do with the .lua file... it is showing error when i run it....

You probably copied wrong from one of the other users ;)
    Just read the error output, you should be able to fix the error yourself.

sorry brooo but i didnt get it .. :neutral: :(

Hack The Box

• @Orw3ll said:

Going fine so far, but when running meterpreter I get "Failed to load extension: No response was received to the core_enumextcmd". How do I correct this?

I kind of looks like meterpreter isn't able to get its second stage working.

Not sure what you are trying as you really dont need meterpreter for this box.

TazWake

Happy to help people but PLEASE explain your problem in as much detail as possible! If you say vague things like "It's not working", I cant help. This isn't Twitter so my DMs are always open.

• edited March 2020

Thanks @Xh4H for the box,
    Hints:
    User: Search what you can access and try to see what can you run without pass.
    Root: Priv Esc, search on google about M***.d files.

Help pm me.

• rooted. Thanks @Xh4H for this great box.

Root: If you can't find anything interesting by spying, you might want to login to the box while you watch processes.

• im having trouble with my reverse shell. Cant get it to work fully. Anyone care to help?

• Rooted :) After a few days of Cooldown cause i was frustrated by the resets on sunday :/
    Root was a fun one for me as beginner.

As always, pm for hints :)

• I think I found the initial w**-***ll necessary, but I don't know how to use it. Any help :smile: ?

• @sugirren said:

I think I found the initial w**-***ll necessary, but I don't know how to use it. Any help :smile: ?

When you log in, it gives you a gui. Use this to enumerate and run commands.

TazWake

• Spoiler Removed

• ok, struggling a bit with root. Help requested

• Dear God plz stop resetting the box. Everything works just fine, it is a little slow but other than that you can get to root a thousand times over without having to restart it a million times.

• Just rooted and right before another reset! oh boy!

Well, kudos to @h4ck1t and @FunkyMcBeef for the tips!

Hack The Box
    CISSP | eJPT

• and again, resetting is not gonna give you the flags! This box has been working fine especially since 3 hours ago. Right after I rooted, it's been reset twice.

Hack The Box
    CISSP | eJPT

• Hi,anybody help me - some tips.
    First box beginner :)

PM Thank you

• Probably my favorite command on this.

/proc/uptime

• edited March 2020

Very easy but fun box especially for the root part !

Thanks to the author ;)

OSCP, OSWP, GCIH, CEH, Security+, VHL Advanced+

https://www.phrozen.io/

Hack The Box

• Rooted

Got stuck for a bit at root.
    Thanks @FunkyMcBeef for pushing me in the right direction on that part.
    That was a really fun box. Definetly learned some new things.

PM for help if you need it

• got it, nice box, thx for that!

sec77

• Spoiler Removed

Sign In to comment.