Traceback

And rooted.
Took my time with this one and made sure I was comfortable with everything I was doing and why.
Interesting beat the clock moment to get root.
I’m pretty sure I did it different to most people.

As always PM if you want a nudge

@thescriptkiddy where do you look for scripts? and PoC exploits, tools… go there and you will know what too look for.

Any hints on how to determine which script to use/how exactly to use them. I apologize, I am a bit of a beginner. Thanks!

sometimes the only right way is the long way - try em all

We have redistributed the machine with small changes to avoid people deleting crucial files.

Haaa… I was just in a middle of something… Noticed some changes now, hope the box would be more stable

Spoiler Removed

Type your comment> @ratcanska said:

Guys, there is no anymore file *SPOILER.!!

Lol, i had the same feeling, look around, it’s been moved to his colleague folder…

Finally got flag without root shell, i was struggling to get my listener respond…

STOP RESET THE BOX! each 30 second the box is resetted, please ! come on !
i cant neither type some command ! when you hack leave your trace and dont mess the machine!

WHY THE F*** ARE YOU DELETING FILES

This is ridiculous. Bans should be implemented for people who are interfering and deleting files/moving files. I’m going to wait to try and get root until this becomes more stable.

can someone give me a nudge on what to do after getting shell… i tried ssh but it didnt work id_a is not there… ik there is a hint in n*.txt but i cant crack it… some help would be appriciated

i’ve found the webshells. How do I use it to connect to the backdoor?

Would anyone mind helping out with the last step for root? Just need a little nudge.

Type your comment> @onikage04 said:

i’ve found the webshells. How do I use it to connect to the backdoor?

do fuzzing

No fuzzing really required for this box

Type your comment> @cyberafro said:

No fuzzing really required for this box

so how can I connect those webshell? I’ve git cloned all those php files…now?!
Sometimes with gobuster I find files on the webserver, than the connection drops and all is gone…

Now I’m starting dirsearch…

You already have what you need if you find the webshell, just type the full url

Hello friends -

First time posting here. Very new at this.

I’m running into “Invalid format” error when I tried to ssh in with certain given “authorized_keys”. I do see the message of “I guess things can be configured better” but I’m pretty lost as for what to do. Any hint will be much appreciated!

Very interesting machine and was very enjoyable.

User Hint: Think of the basics and use OSINT to gain information to get a foothold.

Root Hint: Remember your enumeration when you get an initial hook in a machine.

Feel free to DM me for any bumps this is my first time posting on the forums so I would really like to help out if you need it :smiley: cheers