Traceback

Type your comment> @GoldDomar said:

got the user but still stuck on the root have no idea what i m looking for here any hints please !!!

getting the root is harder than what i was expecting from reading comments

Type your comment> @s1lv3rst4r said:

I am doing osint but no progress what to search

Look at the html comments

Can someone please PM me and give me a tip on root? I can see the u****-mo**.d and permissions are user r*** group s******n, but I’m really not sure how to escalate. Tried to modify some files but can’t trigger them. Monitored the output for pspy but wasn’t helping all that much. I can see a couple of cp commands running every 30 seconds but not sure how that’s useful.

edit: Rooted. Too many people messing around on this thing. My best advice is to wait a while for traffic to slow down on this box, give it a couple weeks maybe…

If not, don’t make the same mistake I did. If you know what you’re doing is correct, keep trying and you may get different results ( Einstein’s exact definition of insanity ). PM for help.

Nice OSINT touch, thanks @Xh4H for the box! Plenty of hints on the forum already, but PM me if you need specific hints.

Rooted. Nice easy box. PM for help ?

Finally rooted! Fun box for nubs and learned a thing or two. I will say there has been a lot of resetting of the box unnecessarily. I reset it once myself but only because someone overwrote the needed binary with their reverse shell (LOL). Other than that the box was pretty stable.

Initial: Don’t reset the box over and over when you cant figure it out, start paying attention to hints given in front of you, then go from there. Basic OSINT is your friend.

User: Learned a little about a new language, make sure to, once again, read whats in front of you to get user.

Root: I overthought this one way too much. My suggestion is to make sure you understand basic operations in the Linux OS. Then it will click (at least it did for me).

can some give little nudge on how to use that w** *****s?

Type your comment> @awarkozak said:

can someone please PM me and give me a tip on root? I can see the u****-mo**.d and permissions are user r*** group s******n, but I really have no clue how to escalate. Monitored the output for pspy but wasn’t helping all that much. I can see a couple of cp commands running every 30 seconds but not sure how that’s useful

i’m stuck at the same place, hints?

Rooted!. Nice box with new interesting things.
For User->Google around for that you got.After you got into system back to old day!.
For Root->If you are attacker what will you do to notice you hacked their whole system?

Great box, rooted in about an hour.
Come hang out :slight_smile:

Thanks @Xh4H

Rooted! I appreciate that an easy machine is really an easy machine. Fun box @Xh4H

And done. PM if someone gets stuck :slight_smile:

I dont know if im missing the point, to elevate to root you change one of the md files and then re*** as s****n?

In the root part others are messing the same thing even it is correct, it will be overwritten by others and those concurrent resets made me frustrated.

I dont get how make that binary run… Any suggestions, PLEASE ?!

@karl99 said:
I dont get how make that binary run… Any suggestions, PLEASE ?!

I didn’t either until i asked the binary for help

I’m done with this box and got a root shell not long after getting user. I noticed one subtlety about modifying files towards the end and wondered why a certain approach worked but another did not. For those who have completed this box, I would be happy to share this small detail and maybe we can figure out what’s happening here.

had my head smashed trying to get tty to work on my rev-shell …
any ideas??

anyone has nano not working on the machine ?