Traceback

Hello guys, alredy did TCP/UDP scan, and dir/files bruteforcing with dirb,dirbuster,gobuster… I didn’t find nothing intrasting, a part a straing html comment on the web page source code. I need a little help, If someone can give me the right way I’ll really appreciece that!

Spoiler Removed

Rooted.
PM for nudges.

Spoiler Removed

Wow that was easy :slight_smile: But not in a bad way. Especially after the flood or hard/insane boxes recently this was a refreshing fun box! I also liked the techniques demonstrated. Thank you @Xh4H!

Please don’t message me for this one, if you’re stuck just make sure to read everything and read up on the basics again. Now back to Multimaster…

For initial foothold, read what’s in front of you, google and you will be on your way.

dlopen /root/.ssh/id_rsa failed: /root/.ssh/id_rsa: invalid ELF header

Any idea why i got this error?

Type your comment> @zac777 said:

For initial foothold, read what’s in front of you, google and you will be on your way.

For the whole box, read what’s in front of you, do a cat *

dont get it why people have so much fun with root access to delete some initial files. Get a life

Rooted

Fun box!

User hint: You got everything you need in front of you, in all the parts of the entire process to user.txt

Root hint: Look at the process to understand what is going on.

@0x435446 said:

dlopen /root/.ssh/id_rsa failed: /root/.ssh/id_rsa: invalid ELF header

Any idea why i got this error?

Why are you opening an RSA key with a tool for binaries?

Wordlists won’t work, just do some googling with what you have. After that, basic nix enumeration should get you all the way to root.
PM for lints.

Type your comment> @Aesir said:

@CyberGeek01 research the html comment

I’ll try harder! Thanks you for suggestion!

@idomino said:

Wow that was easy :slight_smile: But not in a bad way. Especially after the flood or hard/insane boxes recently this was a refreshing fun box! I also liked the techniques demonstrated. Thank you @Xh4H!

Please don’t message me for this one, if you’re stuck just make sure to read everything and read up on the basics again. Now back to Multimaster…

thanks for your words!

How difficult is this box? Would you recommend it to someone that just finished OpenAdmin, Postman and Traverxec?

Yep, I would.

Got root finally. I was on the right path 2 hours ago but got side tracked after looking at the wrong permissions. Make sure you check the permissions on the back ups AND the real files.

Type your comment> @alez said:

Super easy and fast machine.
Worst part: people not understanding and lagging it a lot with tons of bruteforce in both open ports. Also some guy had the idea of changing some relevant binary, dont know if he found it to be funny or what.

in nmap i got nothing any cue sir

CTF box. But it can be cool for beginner.

Foothold : osint
User : basic linux privesc, don’t go too far
Root : remember retired box

Imo, one should patch the box to delete history files.
Thanks for this box.

Nice staight box from start to end. Basic enum and knowledge about linux boxes and procs should be enough.
User: basic scanning, read and search.
Root: basic enum, read and write.