Sniper

rooted. PM for hints.
discord - fashark#5862

Rooted. Lost a lot of time overthinking the exploit :lol:

And… 96% towards pro hacker, and losing points in t-minus 3 hours :neutral:

Type your comment> @nando740 said:

I was on 97% towards pro hacker but I felt back to 82% after Postman was retired :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @roelvb said:

Type your comment> @nando740 said:

I was on 97% towards pro hacker but I felt back to 82% after Postman was retired :slight_smile:

Yep, just checked now, lost my points already. 80% now :lol:

Can anyone throw a nudge my way please?

I have managed to get an Indian webshell using R**, but it is restricted and rather slow, so I am trying to get a more interactive one. However, I am unable to upload any files to the server as there are no write permissions on any folder I’ve looked in so far.

Am I on the right track, or is it possible to go from i*** to C**** using only that webshell?

Type your comment> @metuldann said:

I have managed to get an Indian webshell using R**, but it is restricted and rather slow, so I am trying to get a more interactive one. However, I am unable to upload any files to the server as there are no write permissions on any folder I’ve looked in so far.

Am I on the right track, or is it possible to go from i*** to C**** using only that webshell?

You’re on the right track, you can use the white wolf instead of the Indian

@cyberafro said:

Thank you so much @cyberafro! That’s all I needed to get user flag. On to root…

Rooted. Wow that took a long time but was wonderfully educational. Thanks @MinatoTW & @felamos!

Hints:

Foothold: Look around for something vulnerable to injection. Research how that works. Don’t use the tool in the packet, set it up yourself using the Indian for guidance then switch to the white wolf.

User: It’s possible to get a user shell using nothing but the white wolf. You have a command box and credentials, find the command you need, then use it to spawn the shell as a user.

Root: Look for interesting files when enumerating where you land. Open and you will see a response to something. Enumerate the system to find that something, then follow the instructions carefully. Many people on here are generating venomous payloads, this isn’t necessary; you can finish the job and get a shell without. Finishing the job may not require Windows but it is much easier on a Windows box.*

*If anyone managed to get around this on Linux, please PM me.

I’m confused during the root step, how did you find what type of the file in the D**s dictionary? Any hint, please? Yes ,I have read the .txt file, without any clue. Thanks!

The payload part for root currently baffles me. I have created several payloads, none of which cause a connection. I’ve granted permission to Everyone for a common executable in pentesting and am calling that executable directly, but no connection is made. I’ve also tried directly connecting from the payload, but that also doesn’t work. If anyone has a nugget, please feel free to shoot me a PM.

C:\Windows\system32> whoami
whoami
sniper\administrator

Took me 2 days to realize that my bazillion root payloads weren’t working because I was using single quotes (') on their creation. As soon as I used double quotes (") it worked.

Hey guys, Could anyone PM me with some help on the LFI, I found the la** parameter in the b*** section, but I can’t seem to get anything to work. please send help!

Type your comment> @dontknow said:

Clarification for foothold: if someone’s script does not work - use native tool.

I know this is super old, but I need to bump this because you just saved me who knows how many hours of banging my head against the wall.

Thank you :slight_smile:

rooted. Enjoyed user, priv esc was novel. For those struggling with shells in priv esc, keep it simple!

Hello all! if anyone has rooted Sniper and has some time to talk and help me along I would really appreciate it! I have my initial foothold, and I now know exactly what to do to get user, but my initial shell will not let me run powershell. I have tried many different shells to no success! please DM me and/or we can voice!

Type your comment> @cyberafro said:

Type your comment> @metuldann said:

I don’t see the difference between the low priv shell and the white wolf shell. Is there something white wolf can do that I’m missing? I’m currently stuck in a low priv shell as i***. Thanks in advance!

Type your comment> @babywyrm said:

Type your comment> @Drragonn said:

ARE WE READY???

#BRUH
(but also, yes)
(see you online soon you can write python and i’ll just run strings a bunch)
#Bru

I think we’d make a good team. I can use binwalk and hexdump a bunch

Type your comment> @DaFoster922 said:

Type your comment> @cyberafro said:

(Quote)
I don’t see the difference between the low priv shell and the white wolf shell. Is there something white wolf can do that I’m missing? I’m currently stuck in a low priv shell as i***. Thanks in advance!

The white wolf has cleaner viewing and has less error (for me), enum more, then switch to the user you’ll find creds from usual shell

Tried it once again, it worked. I have no idea how. Used the automated method. R0000t

Hey yo world,
Can anyone pm me why the root part required specific path and didnt work in other directories?

Would really appreciate it!