Matrioshka

I’m stuck in layer 4, I already got all strings from that file, but I dont know that to do, I tried to convert it to ASCII and more, but nothing. Any hint?

I spent most of my time on this challenge thinking I was missing something, but it turned out to be a hard-to-diagnose issue with gpg.

Bottom line, careful about gpg decrypt after su! For more info: Can't enter passphrase in su session.

Hope this helps pull someone else up from the rabbit hole…

Ive got the HTB{fake flag} from m4, however i am lost after this, could someone please DM me a hint, my head hurts :slight_smile:

Hey I solved the challenge but I had to extract the huge data, could anyone tell me how to do it without the extraction part? Thanks :smiley:

I am stuck at matrioshka1. I have files with Hex-values and matrioshka1. But if I binwalk the files with -dd of -e I keep getting matrioshka1. Which is 210 bytes.

@NVQXE23I said:

I am stuck at matrioshka1. I have files with Hex-values and matrioshka1. But if I binwalk the files with -dd of -e I keep getting matrioshka1. Which is 210 bytes.

…what else does binwalk report that the file contain beside the image itself?
If your tools insist on selecting the wrong thing, why not rip it out?

I have found the flag! It was a loooong journey!! But… as always with HTB, it as worth it.

Guys, I didn’t understand, which tool did you use to extract the zip file from the image? I’m new to forensics in pictures.
Binwalk?

Is someone available for a DM hint? At matrioshka4 and trying to figure out the hex.

Nevermind… Helps to try harder…

If you’re stuck on strings, remember there’s a default for the number of characters per line it returns, and that number can be modified. Man page has more info ?

great challenge! thanks!!

Excellent challenge, loved following the path

I got 655MB test file which doesn’t seems to contain any flag. Am I on right track? Can anyone help? thanks

Hello, can I use any hint to solve that challenge ? I finished with 655MB file from matrioshka3.zip… and don’t know how to go to 4 … I notice from one path that at the end of buffer I got a lot of empty folders …

Edit:
I have got the Matrioshka4 … now don’t know what to do with that fake flag and huge hex :open_mouth:

Edit :smile:
Uffff I have learned and gain knowledge about things never know it’s possible or exist!! Thank you a lot @swani keep that kind of challenge plz

Any suggestion how to begin with this challenge , i’m a beginner and can not figure out how to begin with … Pm me for help please

I’ve just solved the first levels but honestly many steps are not clear to me, can i PM someone for some details?

Too hard for me, even with some walk through it still take me couple hours to understand. But truly let me learn many many things, thank you @vis0r, great work ^^

@liverenesmrx said:

I’m stuck in layer 4, I already got all strings from that file, but I dont know that to do, I tried to convert it to ASCII and more, but nothing. Any hint?

Same here. Anyone willing to spare a hint?

Several fun, easy problems linked together, with nice variety. if your popular wordlist isn’t working, it’s not your wordlist’s fault… you should switch something else instead!

Feel free to PM for any hints.