Challenge: Kryptic Ransomware

Just checked the previously broken part and it seems fixed again. Don’t forget that it’s an OSINT challenge.

Thanks to @roaldnefs for the nudge. Respect given on the main HTB page. Pointed me in a direction I hadn’t thought of

@godylocks I have found coords, when I place them in Zeus satellite I get “Sattelite is repositioning…”, I think I have the right ones since any other input just throws a “None was found at that location…”, I don’t know if it’s broken or if I have wrong coords, any help would be appreciated.

I think I have found the right place.

! “There is no place like 127.0.0.1 !”
But I can’t get the coords working on the Zeus page.

Am I missing something? There seems to be nothing indicating any kind of domain to actually investigate.

EDIT: No clue how I missed that.

This challenge has so many rabbit holes, i can’t even begin to count them. And i think i fell for them all. Since you have to enter coordinates, you’ll find them literally everywhere. As a hint for the ones lost:
The zoom level on google maps is not important when solving the challenge.

Shout out to CyberSecNV, who pulled me out of quite a few pits.

Spoiler Removed

I found some cords and getting the “Sattelite is repositioning…” alert. Looking at the source, it’s a catch-all error to the decryption. Can I DM someone with my findings to confirm I’m on the right path and it’s not something on my machine.

(wrong channel …deleted)

all related account and platform checked, still no idea…

Can someone PM to verify if I’m going on the right path?

I’d appreciate some guidance on this, if someone can spare the time - having read a social media feed, I’ve found 2 locations for an event (in the same city); one co-ord gives me “None found”, the other gives me “Repositioning”.

I thought I was on the right track, and started fiddling around with the JS, before remembering this is an OSINT challenge not a “mucking about with code” challenge. Am I on the threshold of a deep rabbit hole?

Hi guys! I’m quite stuck on this one. I did the logical first step which gave me the protonmail. After trying to find additional info on the leader (which everyone seems to have found), I haven’t been able to find anything at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! DM me if possible

Type your comment> @notseelan said:

Hi guys! I’m quite stuck on this one. I did the logical first step which gave me the protonmail. After trying to find additional info on the leader (which everyone seems to have found), I haven’t been able to find anything at all.

Me too, Did you find any clue ? or that event ?!

Type your comment> @Drxxx said:

+1

Type your comment> @Matgro said:

+1

Thanks to @ZloyObezyan

My hint to you is:
site:“Find your inspiration.”

+1

Thanks to @ZloyObezyan

My hint to you is:
site:“Find your inspiration.”

Thank you and special thanks for @ZloyObezyan and @Hellburpp for their nudge

I think there are enough tips on the forum to solve this challenge. The only thing that kept me banging my head against the wall over and over was a tiny silly thing: sometimes, some search engines are case sensitive … XD

Can anyone confirm if this is still working? I followed the lead and spoke to the bird. Found a link but coming up ‘blank’?? Am I in the right place?

Type your comment> @M3rlin said:

Can anyone confirm if this is still working? I followed the lead and spoke to the bird. Found a link but coming up ‘blank’?? Am I in the right place?

The challenge is not broken. Still working