blackSquare [Stego]

I am relatively new to stego and am trying my hand at the blackSquare challenge. I am only familiar using Forensically, an online web tool that allows you to upload the photo so that you can examine it there. I have a VERY large, messy string, but am wondering what could be next? Any tool recommendations, blog articles, etc. would be appreciated!

Anybody willing to PM me tools that they use for these challenges? I use Kali

I have not been able to solve this one yet, although keep finding interesting ‘things’ as I continue down rabbit holes.

Below is a stego cheatsheet:

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out lol

pls someone pm me a good tool for this challenge I used the basic tools but nothing

Interesting challenge. Didn’t use anything special, but started to go down the py…ct hole to try saving time. Never got the “easy” way to work, but if anyone did, please PM me the info! I’d very much appreciate it for saving time in the future. :slight_smile:

Either way, no guesswork needed to find the flag. A CTF mentality really helps you cut through the noise.

Got the flag (18 characters, all caps) but it is incorrect. Can anyone help me?

I´m in the same position
Find mass capital letter, which making sense, but cant get the correct flag.
Extracted it manually without scripts, but cant find hints about flaglenght or something.
Dont want to brute force it.
Any hints to get it?

Type your comment> @ConradoDomingo said:

Got the flag (18 characters, all caps) but it is incorrect. Can anyone help me?

Got it anyway. Good luck!

Type your comment> @davihack said:

Done, No guessing needed.
Just try to clean the image

Hack The Box

Is there a “standard” way to do this? I found interesting stuff … but I am not sure how to isolate the stuff better. Can anyone shine some light on this?

I dont clean it well enough to see all what I need.
Dont think, that simple scripts have the ability to do so.

But if you have done it, the flag is obviously.

found something like m**se but i dont know how can ı extract from image

i try some python script on github but ı cant get result :frowning:

Hi!
I found the flag (18 characters, all caps) but it is incorrect. You talk about cleaning the image, but I don’t know how to clean it anymore. I use s*****e.jar tool

Thanks! :smile:

Could definitely use a nudge on this one!

Think about what the scripts try to do and do it on your own with usual programms.
The results should be much better

Someone Help me on this BlackSquare

I can see some kind of morse but not any letter, can anyone tell me a hint?

Is there any way to decode the m***e other than by hand?? I cant find anything that will get the job done

oufff, got it, feel free to pm me

I’d appreciate some help with this one, found a possible solution but I’d like to save my eyes the strain in case its a red herring.