Postman

@Quint0r said:

When I’m trying to connect with m**t’s key I get the error message:
Load Key “keygoeshere” error in libcrypto.

Is this a formatting problem?
J**n was able to read the key properly.
Any help appreciated.

When you say you are trying to connect as that account, what do you mean?

I dont think you can connect as the account but you can do something else to switch into it.

Postman has me stumped. I was able to successfully s** as r**. Then found user M***. Now trying to copy user.txt onto local machine, but I keep getting asked for a password? Am I missing something here? Any hints?

Squeeeeeeeeps.

if this gives too much away PM me and I’ll take it down…

I need help
Warning: identity file id_r*a not accessible: no such file or directory.
This Asking password

I got a shell on postman. Having and issue downloading the root.txt for the hash. Anybody else having an issue navigating with the python shell?

My very first box rooted. Definitely not an easy process.
Thanks to the community for the amazing support!

̶C̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶r̶m̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶’̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶l̶l̶/̶m̶a̶c̶h̶i̶n̶e̶?̶ ̶I̶’̶v̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶d̶e̶n̶t̶i̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶(̶M̶̶̶̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶̶8̶)̶ ̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶l̶o̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶̶f̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶.̶ ̶I̶’̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶u̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶n̶a̶v̶i̶g̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶o̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶W̶̶̶̶̶*̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶c̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶a̶m̶i̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶t̶ ̶-̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶.̶ ̶C̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶?̶ ̶I̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶f̶a̶r̶.̶

edit: nvm i figured it out. It was right there dunno how i missed it.

Just rooted!

For the ones who stuck after finding M*** and c****8, just think where you can else use this other than UI (for owning user). Think simple.

I can help without spoiling from PMs as well.

Ssh connection time out. ???

Finally rooted also this box. The user own was very easy… I had more difficults with the root flag. It’s an Easy box all you need is a good enumeration, find all credentials and use It for get the root. The right exploit is the Key from my perspective

Rooted ! nice box thanks to TheCyberGeek

PM if you want hints

I am trying to run the r****s exploit, but i get the below error. As a noob, I am unsure of what to do to resolve this… Help :slight_smile: Please

Exploit failed: Errno::EACCES Permission denied @ rb_sysopen - /usr/share/metasploit-framework/data/exploits/r**s/module.c
[
] Exploit completed, but no session was created.

Rooted! Thank you @TheCyberGeek, learned a lot about a certain service.
Foothold: That service isn’t supposed to be public-facing…
User: Enumeration will give you something to use on that other service. Flag will not come until later.
Root: searchsploit

PM me if you need any help!

Rooted. Almost gave up on getting initial shell. Went through all the hints here and still wasn’t searching in the right place for the longest time. Once I got the shell L*****m quickly found the interesting file. After that, escalated straight to root via W****n exploit. Very new at this, so every box a learning experience. Thanks, @TheCyberGeek!

Hey guys, am at what I think is the final part of the box. I got entry shell then user creds for *T. Tried said creds for the high port number logged in and came right there, moved on to M but keep getting a "Exploit failed: Errno::ENOTCONN Transport endpoint is not connected - getpeername(2): error when I try to run the exploit. Have I missed something. this has been going on for a while now. Gentle nudge would be appreciated. P.S. if I have given away to much info here PM me and I will delete.

EDIT:
Nevermind, got him! In front of my eyes the whole time as usual! Rooted!

I’m stuck trying to figure out how to find usernames on the system. I’m aware of r****-c** and I believe I know the exploit, but It needs a username, and I’m new enough at this where I’m having trouble figuring out how to find it. Any hints?

Found the webmin password with hydra [10000][http-post-form] host: 10.10.10.160 login: root password: XXXXXXXXXXXXX.

When I try to login I keep getting this message : Access denied for 10.10.14.X. The host has been blocked because of too many authentication failures.

help ?

whoami
root
id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

exploit for user was hard to find But root is very easy

wow that r****s did a number onme…we keep overwriting eachother lol
anyway thanks for the box
all the exploits are cve goodluck
peaceout

Rooted! I really enjoyed this machine!
User exploit and root exploit are pretty easy to find online.
Thank you for all the tips!