OpenAdmin

Type your comment> @deetee1 said:

I’m stuck at the www-data shell. I’ve tried ls and cat and everything but I can’t find anything of interest (except passwd file).

Finding the user accounts is a useful thing.

I’ve being trying to cd to different directories in the www-data shell, but whenever I pwd, it always prints the same directory /opt/ona/www. is this supposed to happen?

Yes, this is exactly what should happen if you are using a remote code execution (RCE) exploit. Every time you issue a command it is a new exploit. This is not a shell, so you cant change directory.

But there is literally no reason to change directory.

Running: cd /tmp then ls is identical to running ls /tmp

Running cd /tmp then ls then cat interesting.file is identical to running cat /tmp/interesting.file.

Help please! Been stuck here for 4 hour

Look at the interesting files around where you have landed.

@sentinel1010 said:

Hello guys, i have a problem. I have cracked the password of j***a but when i try to connect via ssh i can’t connect with that password. PS. i know that’s the correct password cause when i put it in the file with the prte key it accepts it.
Any help?

You could read back through the dozens of other times people have asked this question. For example, this is a mere 7 posts before yours: OpenAdmin - #1332 by uncuscino - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums

Alternatively, you could re-read what you’ve put because you have actually answered your own question.

You dont have a password to log in, so dont try to log in with the password.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

Type your comment> @deetee1 said:

I’m stuck at the www-data shell. I’ve tried ls and cat and everything but I can’t find anything of interest (except passwd file).

Finding the user accounts is a useful thing.

I’ve being trying to cd to different directories in the www-data shell, but whenever I pwd, it always prints the same directory /opt/ona/www. is this supposed to happen?

Yes, this is exactly what should happen if you are using a remote code execution (RCE) exploit. Every time you issue a command it is a new exploit. This is not a shell, so you cant change directory.

But there is literally no reason to change directory.

Running: cd /tmp then ls is identical to running ls /tmp

Running cd /tmp then ls then cat interesting.file is identical to running cat /tmp/interesting.file.

Help please! Been stuck here for 4 hour

Look at the interesting files around where you have landed.

thank you for your explanation on the RCE!

any one here for small nudge?

can anyone help me?
i’m trying to own root but i’ve never dealt with GTFO’s before

Does anyone have an example or some reading you’d recommend?

^ means the ‘Control’ key on your keyboard :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Type your comment> @angar said:

^ means the ‘Control’ key on your keyboard :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

wasn’t sure if that was for me or not…
however use i found the command “sudo -l” it made a ■■■■ of a lot more sense
Thanks for that!!!

rooted , thanks lot @zero87

Hello, i have managed to get a reverse shell but i am now trying to ssh as one of the j*** users… when i try ssh j***@10.10.10.171 or ssh j***@openadmin.htb nothing works… any ideas/hints? (it still shows that i am w**-****

Rooted Openadmin today, nice and easy box. Took some time to get the c**l working, but eventually figured it out.

Learned something new today, thank you very much!

PM me if you need a hint (you should not, just take your time and read the forum, from page 1 to the end. You will find enough hints to get everything working).

I need help. I’m able to login in as w******a but when looking around for files I’ve only found a db password. Not sure if I’m supposed to be looking for something else.

@portokalis96 said:

Hello, i have managed to get a reverse shell but i am now trying to ssh as one of the j*** users… when i try ssh j***@10.10.10.171 or ssh j***@openadmin.htb nothing works… any ideas/hints? (it still shows that i am w**-****

Are you trying to SSH from your session on the box?

@wormHole3001 said:

I need help. I’m able to login in as w******a but when looking around for files I’ve only found a db password. Not sure if I’m supposed to be looking for something else.

Scroll back a few pages - this has been asked many times.

Think password reuse.

I got second user and password but for any reason when trying to ssh it doesn’t work.

@s41t4m4 said:

I got second user and password but for any reason when trying to ssh it doesn’t work.

The good news is that this has already been discussed a few times.

For example, one page back: OpenAdmin - #1322 by TazWake - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums

Can I get a hint. I found a password for j**a but not sure what to do with it. I tried it with ssh but it’s not it

Type your comment> @s41t4m4 said:

I got root. Thanks all.

@TazWake said:
@s41t4m4 said:

The good news is that this has already been discussed a few times.

For example, one page back: OpenAdmin - #1322 by TazWake - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums

I got root. Thanks!

Got root! Special thanks to @uncuscino for the help.

@wormHole3001 said:

Can I get a hint. I found a password for j**a but not sure what to do with it. I tried it with ssh but it’s not it

Literally the two questions above yours.