Book

@targodan said:

I’m going absolutely mad about the admin login. Can anybody nudge me pls?

Same!

Can anyone provide a nudge for getting access to the admin control panel? Struggling to make any progress on this one.

@bertalting told an interesting hint for the foothold ! thank you

The get admin is necessary a trunk.

Giving up

Just Rooted. Great box. Initial foothold was hard and was something new for me. This zaBogdan hint is what put me on the track for that first part. Did’nt have a clue at first.

The rest is more ‘classic’, but great fun and challenging.
The root part was new for me too, but easy to spot and exploit after some googling.

Thx @MrR3boot

@zaBogdan said:

A little nudge on the foothold.
Sometimes, after a limit, it doesn’t matter what characters are.

Got to the admin portal and signed in easy enough. Know what kind the exploit is, just can’t pull it off. This box is going to be a great learner for me, can anyone give me a nudge, or a pointer to a good Book ( sorry for the pun ) to read, the type of exploit is something I need to practice more. But for some sick reason I’m really enjoying it still. Just a gentle nudge would be a appreciated.

HI! Someone have a nudge about the next step after the admin panel? Really stucked to perform what I think. I’ll be glad if someone can pm me about that. It really turns me mad.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get a PDF file to show content which is longer than the page seems to allow?

Edit - NVM

NVM - I was using an unsupported argument.

@Girbons said:
@targodan said:

Same!

Sad, but same.

@cichyx96 said:

@Girbons said:
@targodan said:

Same!

Sad, but same.

Alright, I finally got into the admin page. Turns out I was doing the correct thing for a while but was never quick enough. :neutral:

Type your comment> @gverre said:

Just Rooted. Great box. Initial foothold was hard and was something new for me. This zaBogdan hint is what put me on the track for that first part. Did’nt have a clue at first.

The rest is more ‘classic’, but great fun and challenging.
The root part was new for me too, but easy to spot and exploit after some googling.

Thx @MrR3boot

@zaBogdan said:

A little nudge on the foothold.
Sometimes, after a limit, it doesn’t matter what characters are.

Glad that you have learnt a thing or two.

Finally rooted this box. I did learn new types of attacks I have not used before.
Root was a bit painful but as soon as i got the right syntax it all worked.
Thanks @MrR3boot

@bertalting and @gverre pointed me to the right direction and I finally got user. The technics were completely new to me so I definitely learned something here.

Do you need a shell for root? I retrieved the i**** from user r***** and formatted with fold but still I cannot convert it to ope**** format. Is it the right way to proceed further?

Finally rooted , user part frustrating but interesting , I learned new things , thank you @MrR3boot !

pm me for hints !

This is an enjoyable box - @MrR3boot always makes awesome boxes.

I found getting the user flag much easier than getting a foothold as user but with a bit of ingenuity that finally worked.

Getting root took me longer than it should - I found the path fairly quickly but a series of mistakes with tooling and then typos held me up for ages.

Type your comment> @garffff said:

Finally rooted this box. I did learn new types of attacks I have not used before.
Root was a bit painful but as soon as i got the right syntax it all worked.
Thanks @MrR3boot

@TazWake said:
This is an enjoyable box - @MrR3boot always makes awesome boxes.

I found getting the user flag much easier than getting a foothold as user but with a bit of ingenuity that finally worked.

Getting root took me longer than it should - I found the path fairly quickly but a series of mistakes with tooling and then typos held me up for ages.

@nasri136TH said:
Finally rooted , user part frustrating but interesting , I learned new things , thank you @MrR3boot !

pm me for hints !

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I Love positive vibes about the box.

Rooted.
Thanks for the box @MrR3boot. I’ve learned new usefull things from the web part!

User hint: My advice for the entry point (because it was really hard) is to be careful on what kind of service the machine uses to manage data and figure out how to bypass this system. For the second step, however, understand how the two panels can communicate directly and what can be used to read what you need.

Root hint: The root is simple, the problem arises when you are on public servers and the competition is high for both you and the machine. However, as we get to this point, you will understand what the machine does, so be careful when you understand what you need to use… at the syntax!

If you need more specifics nudge, just pm me.