Forest

Man, that was some serious learning.

Not sure what to add to what has already been said. In short:

For user: roast.
For Root: exchange is your path, and don’t rely on ready to use scripts, go thru the documented PoCs and you’ll get there.

Many thanks to the creators.

Hope everyone is great!

For those having trouble with the dog:

I first installed using the apt-get install. Which installed both dog and neo. After a few days of fighting it , it just wasn’t working for me. It wouldnt’ let me upload/ analyze the data I pulled from using shH.

I just removed it and installed the dog from source as mentioned by @AverageDave and version 3.0 is working perfectly! The data popped in there like a charm!

Anyone having trouble, i suggest following these easy steps and googling any other questions you may have. Home · BloodHoundAD/BloodHound Wiki · GitHub

You should still be able to keep your ne*** db if you have it installed already. Mine works perfect with the new version of dog.

Now if anyone wants to dm with a tip on what to do with the dog to get root that would be awesome lol. I am investigating and learning it now, it seems detailed info on manipulating AD relationships is kinda limited on the interwebs though.

alright i got the map from the dog, but how to use it to get the next step?

Rooted! For those having issues with Dog running. Don’t use the older version, get the latest one.

user own

Someone with root done via the cat or G…S.N…y method for a quick check? I’m too getting GetNCChanges: 0x000020f7 (8439) in cat after assigning the required D…c + no hash in G…y responses unless I create my own using sets…n, which makes no sense. Thanks

Finally rooteeeeeed!!!
So glad of me xD!

Hints…:

User: every single hint described here is the SOLUTION… so read comments! It’s only about which tools you are using to enumerate… (that was my only problem).

ROOT:
Remember that there is an attack that have more than 20 years, which is directly connected to SSO.
Don’t waste your time with NyanCat, it’s really fast, just remember this words (not the meaning…) while trying to root:

“A trusted exchange with a secret, is evil”
(who rooted this machine in my way I think will laugh until tomorrow)

Thank you creators.

I’ve been trying to get root for a couple of days now when I had a chance.
I got really stuck, I now the path to the exchange so I can take the dump, but it’s not working. I’m doing the user changes manually so I can use the python tool, but maybe there are too much people changing the user with scripts?

Or maybe I’m not doing the permissions right?

Please help! PM me, maybe?

This should be pretty simple.

EDIT: Rooted!!

*Evil-ToOl* PS C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop> whoami /Groups

GROUP INFORMATION -----------------

Group Name Type SID Attributes
========================================== ================ ============================================= ===============================================================
Everyone Well-known group S-1-1-0 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
BUILTIN\Administrators Alias S-1-5-32-544 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group, Group owner
BUILTIN\Users Alias S-1-5-32-545 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
BUILTIN\Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access Alias S-1-5-32-554 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK Well-known group S-1-5-2 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users Well-known group S-1-5-11 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
NT AUTHORITY\This Organization Well-known group S-1-5-15 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
HTB\Group Policy Creator Owners Group S-1-5-21-3072663084-364016917-1341370565-520 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
HTB\Domain Admins Group S-1-5-21-3072663084-364016917-1341370565-512 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
HTB\Enterprise Admins Group S-1-5-21-3072663084-364016917-1341370565-519 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
HTB\Organization Management Group S-1-5-21-3072663084-364016917-1341370565-1104 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
HTB\Schema Admins Group S-1-5-21-3072663084-364016917-1341370565-518 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
~HTB\Denied RODC Password Replication Group Alias S-1-5-21-3072663084-364016917-1341370565-572 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group, Local Group~
NT AUTHORITY\NTLM Authentication Well-known group S-1-5-64-10 Mandatory group, Enabled by default, Enabled group
Mandatory Label\High Mandatory Level Label S-1-16-12288

Thanks @VbScrub to pointing out my mistake, @trab3nd0 to confirm my thinking

Hey guys,

I have user, but I am stuck on root.

I would like to share with you what I have tried so far, but perhaps you can give me a tip about the process so that I can go one step further.

I found a couple of interesting files that you can usually get something out of. But now I get an error with almost every tool.

I hope you can help me further.

thanks in advance

I’m a bit late to the games, but I enjoyed that box.
Rooted
anyone needs a steer - PM me

P0w3nd!
doggo did the job for sure
anyone hijacked any dll or anything…let me know
peace out

Rooted…and just as I did I see that Bloodhound upgraded to 3.0 on Kali. LOL. Oh well.

I learned a great deal on this box, a fantastic job and was well worth my frustration.

User: Enum…and look up impacket’s tools for options.

Root: Look at Ippsec’s active video and the tools he uses. Then look at Empire’s tools.

Now, I’m trying to get root. I don’t know the correct path from “Dog”…

Okay so I have nearly been stuck on root for 4 days solid.

I’m trying to be careful with this comment so I don’t spoil it for anyone else. If my comment doesn’t make sense please PM me.

I have the dog and see I have to write four letters.

I had a look at dirkjan pr********ge attack but that doesn’t work for me.

I also had a look at trying the Three Letter Pwn.ps1 method, but it fails on the dog finding the three letter objects.

I have tried PerV*.ps1, to do something such as add a three letter word so I can reset something juicy. But that isn’t a recognized commandlet for some reason, even though I have imported the module.

I have read up as much as possible and tried my best but I still can’t seem to grasp the concept. I wanted avoid as much as possible coming to the forums however I have finally been defeated…

Can anyone please help and nudge me in the correct direction, I feel I am right there but I still can’t see it… its driving me mad.

drop me a pm

I am having an issue with the hound. When I import the JSON files into the program, via the .zip file, I still show nothing in the DB. There’s no error and it appears to be importing but everything shows 0. Any ideas? I did check the JSON files and there’s data in them.

Can I get some assistance with root. I’ve read tons of articles and have learned so much about AD. Got the hound working fine and understand exchange is the way. Loaded up ntl***x and pr****x and I am getting nothing but errors. I’m sure im missing a step or am having problems with syntax. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think ntl***x and pr****x is essential to get root. However, prx access port 80 or 443 on the target host. In this case, the port may be closed. What should I use tools instead of prx?

@alicemacs said:
I think ntl***x and pr****x is essential to get root. However, prx access port 80 or 443 on the target host. In this case, the port may be closed. What should I use tools instead of prx?

No ntl*****x is not essential to get root. In fact it gains you nothing you don’t already have (and I don’t even think it will work on this machine in the way you guys are trying to use it, but I’ve not confirmed that). Just because a blog post says they used that tool to gain certain permissions, does not mean we need to use it on this machine. They’re using it to become a member of a certain group, but maybe we already have the ability to just put ourselves in that group…

@Xtronum see above

Awesome machine, now I know a lot about AD!