Traverxec

I am stuck on user i have tried to enumerate ~d**** with no luck. If anyone wants to throw hints please DM

@ivi174 said:

Can anybody help me? This is my first box and i’m lost.

I’ve shell, i found credentials four user d***d, used john to hash and, finally found directory /~****d in the web page but i dont know what can i do now.

I was reading the documentation and i think homedirs are the key but im not sure how can i do.

Please, i need your help

@ricanlinux said:

I am stuck on user i have tried to enumerate ~d**** with no luck. If anyone wants to throw hints please DM

You can enumerate the homedirs on the file system without being in the user account.>

got root

root@traverxec:~# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
root@traverxec:~#

getting user was a pain but everything people said is true about enumerating homedirs

root: GTFO it was the a pretty easy and cool privexec

thanks to @schecken

Hi everyone, i new here and it’s my first box, i find the hash and i using john with ./password.lst but after 12h still not crack the hash someone can else me in mp for go on the good ways thank you

Which hash do you mean? @waxcoin

rooted finally, learned a lot of things. If anyone need any nudge PM…

Hey everyone. Relative noob here, and I need a bit of help. I’ve got the user password, I think, and I believe I understand where I need to use it, I’m just not sure how to. I also suspect that I may have been doing something in a particularly inefficient way.

I’ll keep working on it, and be looking through the comments on this so may work it out myself soon, but in the meantime I’d appreciate some hints.

what wordlist should i use to crack h******d hash?

@Looking4 the common one

I got a hash but i could not crack it . I stuck at this, please help me with a nudge.

Been stuck for more than 2 days now getting user, please help. I was able to get my first foothold. Was able to crack the hash, and I’m pretty sure its how the manual describes it. My problem is I couldn’t figure out to get to that point where I can authenticate with those credentials. I tried browsing to all the directories mentioned in the n*****.c**f file and read through the manual. If the answers there its definitely staring me right in the eye. Would appreciate a little nudge how to figure this out.

I spent 3 hrs to figure out such a stupid thing, for getting root access.

Thank you to both @Tellico and @Shad0wQu35t for their hints within the forum.
Rooted.
Initial: Known CVE using common everyday tool that was able to get initial access, and then give it your calling card for better navigation
User: Find a directory that will show you more, find the right file that you have access to, then go deeper then you initially thought you needed to
Root: Find the service you have access to, see what’s happening and GTFO

Just owned root, this was my first box ! I learned a lot about privilege escalation in Linux systems and about SSH, it was very challenging. Thank you so much @Dro for your help

Finally rooted, thank you @TazWake for your hints for user.

This was my first machine and I learned so much.

• Hints user: you must read configuration file and understand whats happening. After that, you have to understand the concept of sub directory (in my opinion, the most important thing in this box)

• Hints root: pspy and gtfobins are your friends. Then, you can read another hints in the forum about “maximize” or “minimize” your screen.

Thanks @jkr for this funny machine!

@ALK the best hint i’ve seen so far! I was struggling with root for a long time. thank you

Is the box really slow for anybody? I’m working through root access, but it’s super sluggish and unresponsive.

A Weird Box.
It took me an afternoon,At first I thought it was only one hour.

PM me, i will give some hint. :slight_smile:

I got root. Can someone explain to me why the last thing worked? whats about that window thingy?

I really enjoyed the user part of this box, and to some extent enjoyed root. I would have NEVER figured root out if I wasn’t educated about it from a friend. It’s pretty neat and after you do it, research WHY it happens. That’s what got me. There are some decent hints here, but I don’t think I can provide my own without spoiling it tooo much. It did made me think way back in the day when people had pagers and then I started researching the ■■■■ out of them to find out how they work! :disappointed: