[Misc] 0ld is g0ld

@devilswolf send me a PM with your steps, i will give a hint. there is several steps on this challenge and i don’t want to spoil :wink:

I’ve yanked the hash out of this, but none of the hash crackers are breaking it. Arg!

pm me if need some guide in it

I have tried cracking pdf hash last 2 days but I didnt get still.I used hashcrack and john .I used rockyou.txt for wordlist by the way.please tell me what am I missing? what do you suggest me?

@ghroot said:
I have tried cracking pdf hash last 2 days but I didnt get still.I used hashcrack and john .I used rockyou.txt for wordlist by the way.please tell me what am I missing? what do you suggest me?

Mine cracked in seconds on a really old laptop. Sounds like you aren’t set up right.

I know I’m setting up wrong .When I was using hashcat for example:

hashcat “hash.txt” -m 10500 -a 3 anypassword
where is my mistake?

Spoiler Removed

I’ve cracked the pdf + decoded the message, is there supposed to be something else after that? If so im completely missing it. Feeling hella dumb rn ■■■■

Nvm I’m an idiot ■■■■ maybe I should learn to read XD

@onlyamedic said:
I’ve cracked the pdf + decoded the message, is there supposed to be something else after that? If so im completely missing it. Feeling hella dumb rn ■■■■

It sounds like you’ve done everything.

I have the flag, but It’s not accepting it - can I PM someone for help? I tried upper and lower case (both wrapped in the HTB{} format)

I think I got the right flag from the PDF, but no matter what I wrap it in it says the flag is wrong.

^I’m having the same problem. Can anyone that figured this out PM me?

hey, i have also the problem as many before. I have cracked the password and got the name and message and decoded it. tried to put it in with HTB{decoded_ text} put it doesn’t work. Maybe somebody can give me a hint ^^

got it nevermind

@sheova77 said:
got it nevermind

What was your issue? I’ve been sitting on this flag for a while now with no luck

@drtychai try the old method to decode it.

@drtychai ^^^ what @sheova77 said.
If you’re still stuck, PM me

@aretood12 said:
@drtychai ^^^ what @sheova77 said.
If you’re still stuck, PM me

I got it - thanks :slight_smile:

I need your help, I got the same issue here, I have cracked the password and got the name and message and decoded it, and I tried to put it in with HTB{decoded_ text} but it doesn’t work for me. Anyone here can give me a hint. I really appreciate it.