Help Me Anyone

Type your comment> @z3r0shred said:

You should go for practical, not theoretical. If ippsec’s videos are a bit difficult for you, i would suggest getting VIP and following his videos on easy boxes and working your way up, if VIP is too expensive for you, try out some easy vulnhub boxes and follow write-ups on how to root them, good luck!

further to this I would recommend when you are starting to slow the videos down by 25% in the you tube player and use the pause button a lot, making notes and more importantly trying the things he does basically playing, read the man pages for the commands he uses etc do the research yourself… so he tends to very rapidly flash through all the googling and research he recommends and jump straight to his results. Not a criticism by any means, he is trying to make his videos stay on point and not get way too long.

When you get to a certain point you will not need to keep doing this and will likely find your self skipping through them to find the nuggets you actually want. At that point his companion web app http://ippsec.rocks is a very handy tool.

You might also check TheCyberMentor’s channel his pentesting for noobs series tends to go through the methodology a lot more but you would need a VIP subscription here for you to actually follow along with the actual box (not absolutely necessary but possibly easier) he does cover a little more methodology than just straight solution.

Personally I found both very useful starting out and the ippsec’s better in terms of long term reference.

Hope this helps