Bankrobber

On the initial foothold, I know I should be tampering with the sesame thing and the transfer form, but im not getting any result. Some hint at pm would be appreciated.

rooted it. First vuln is really brainfucker, something that I wouldnt have figured it was implemented this way. After this the machine is not that hard.

Idk how people aren’t more upset about this box. The process of getting a shell is completely unreliable. Got a shell after repeating the same thing several times and it just finally worked. Then my shell crashed after about 3 minutes. Going back to get a shell again, doesn’t work. even after several retries and waiting more than 10 minutes. It’s just poorly implemented

Totally stuck on initial foothold. I used dirbuster, found some juicy js-files, but they require user access. I did create a user and used burp proxy with coin transfer and user creation/login to fuzz with the parameters, but have no idea how to enumerate for the user credentials. Could only check other users coin balance with cookie editing. Any help/hint/nudge is much appreciated as this is really frustrating!

Though the instability / unpredictability can prove to be quite a hurdle this is a very fun and satisfying box in the end. The extra points for it being rated ‘insane’ are definitely a bonus ?

PM is open for nudges!

I am struggling to work out how to approach this. I have done lots of enumeration but not sure if the potential HTTP method that shouldn’t be available is something that I have to use to get a username or something that you eat.

Wow! Now that was fun. Tu for a very challenging box @Gioo & @Cneeliz. Cheers to @chvancooten for the couple of nudges to get me focused and back on track.

Ok. The idea was awsome! Sadly it was quite buggy.

If you are confident that your payload should work, try it again several times.

Loved this box and very recommended for every OSCP student. The idea that it’s like breaking into a bank is awesome

I’m having a rough time putting all the pieces together to gain initial foothold. Found vulnerabilities in a few different places where I can read files. Found another that lets me “execute” files when something happens. Not sure how to go about using what I have to do anything with b***********.**p and none of my usual tricks on these vulns want to work due to what I believe to be no write permissions.

Any nudge here or in private is appreciated.

And, rooted. Public appreciation once more to @bumika and @g3of0xx for guiding me through this.

so… because this box are not running as expect i will let then and start to another box, tried to create a user with random usernames and passwords and its not possible, reset already on luck… hope the creators taken a look on it.

Starting this machine. Let’s start

Hi,
I explored this machine for a while (Last two days). I checked several things starting, as usual, what is open and what is close. For each open I discard, for the moment, most of the “opens” and I dig a lot with one of them. Basically playing with money and figure out how to leverage this. So, if anyone could give some nudges I will appreciate. I am still a noob and my immagination is still place me in hole rabbits. I just need an idea to explore. Unfortunately I can explain my findings here to avoid an spoiler. Thanks guys.

Finally root! I had a lot of fun and learned a lot, thanks @Gioo & @Cneeliz!

I am having an issue with b************.**p

Please DM for any nudges

I’m stuck with the initial foothold.

Looking at the message when submitting the form after logging in as a user, I guess there is a vuln that can exploit the admin’s browser, but no vuln is found yet.

Type your comment> @pinkyghost said:

I’m stuck with the initial foothold.

Looking at the message when submitting the form after logging in as a user, I guess there is a vuln that can exploit the admin’s browser, but no vuln is found yet.

I am on the same stage. I tested many things. Even stupid ones. Now, I am evaluating one possibility pointed by some users. But I need to learn a bit. It is something new for me. But for the moment, what I read give some ideas and where to focus. The main idea, usually, is modify the normal behaviour. Easy to say :tired_face:

Rooted.

There was nothing wrong with what I was doing. The reaction was slower and unstable than I had imagined when reading this forum, so I didn’t realize I was on the right path.

The initial foothold does not require complex skills. All you need is patience. If something goes wrong, be patient and keep on the right path.
Or you may need to reset.

Well, after one week tring several things and getting some interesting nudges I got access to the account with ***.tx.

I exploring it using s*** function and b******* function. From the GUI and directly using bu***. Unsuccesful. I tried to switch to other ennumeration methods using the credentials I found here but again unsuccesful. I dont’ think it is about ip spoofing. But if someone could give a clue, I will appreciate it. Did I forgot any step? Maybe the text information is an important clue?

thank you

I have the same problem as you. Only other balances can be enumerated after user login is created. Don’t know how to proceed, have you bypassed? Ask for hints. Just want you to give me a hint?