Never mind since everyone is so negative

Type your message

First off, here’s the original thread where you can read hints or ask for new ones.

And I think it’s the very time to stop making new threads. You’ve already created two the same threads, or maybe I’m wrong and there are even more?

Whether you keep things in order or not is a sign of how your mind works, and what you did (two or even more the same threads) I wouldn’t call best example.

Be more patient.

Type your comment> @ion21 said:

First off, here’s the original thread where you can read hints or ask for new ones.
We have a leak - OSINT Challenge - Challenges - Hack The Box :: Forums

And I think it’s the very time to stop making new threads. You’ve already created two the same threads, or maybe I’m wrong and there are even more?

Whether you keep things in order or not is a sign of how your mind works, and what you did (two or even more the same threads) I wouldn’t call best example.

Be more patient.

If that’s your opinion. It seems that no one cares about anybody on that forum everyone is stuck and asking for hints. If you want to be helpful reach those guys a hand!

@CyberHunter01 said:

If that’s your opinion. It seems that no one cares about anybody on that forum everyone is stuck and asking for hints. If you want to be helpful reach those guys a hand!

Just to check - you knew that thread existed and no one was providing any help, so you thought making a new thread would be sensible?

The challenges suck when it comes to getting hints, simply because people dont tend to keep the same level of notes and I suspect a lot of people get the flags in non-standard ways.

I might have some notes for this but not I cant get to them until at least tomorrow. If I can help I will do so on the original thread.

I also need to add in here that I really dislike the HTB Challenges. There hasn’t been one I’ve enjoyed or felt better about myself for completing. The majority leave me feeling quite dissatisfied.

Type your comment

I think you’ve misinterpreted the responses you’ve had - they aren’t negative.

If you are really getting frustrated that you cant make progress on one thing, move on to something else. There are a lot of challenges and boxes you haven’t completed yet.

Rather than getting frustrated, making multiple threads and then getting upset when people object to it, why not try a different challenge or maybe one of the boxes? Seems that might make you less dependent on other people.

Type your comment> @CyberHunter01 said:

Be more patient.

Usually challenges or machines that are alive for months on this forum contain all-possible hints for those who stuck. Did you try reading hints that have already been given/posted? You also posted your request for help in there, and you didn’t provide any details to give you some help at all. You just seemed to be expecting for someone who trivially would send you a full archive of hints.

Noone is safe from being frustrated, but you seem to have fun from it. You are frustrated? Break it, stop, start a new one, but never do mess on forums and never offend people.

Type your comment> @CyberHunter01 said:

Be more patient.

Usually challenges or machines that are alive for months on this forum contain all-possible hints for those who stuck. Did you try reading hints that have already been given/posted? You also posted your request for help in there, and you didn’t provide any details to give you some help at all. You just seemed to be expecting for someone who trivially would send you a full archive of hints.

Noone is safe from being frustrated, but you seem to have fun from it. You are frustrated? Break it, stop, start a new one, but never do mess on forums and never offend people.

offend people??? my friend, who is offending the other over here? I still don’t get it what’s wrong with starting a new thread that is completely useless? just ignore it. I don’t have time for it I’m just asking for help if you want to help you’re welcome and I’ll be very grateful to you and if you don’t like it, then just ignore it. Like you’ve never seen it.

Hi @CyberHunter01 , I think what others are trying to tell you is, when you are a newcomer in the forum (that applies to any others tech forums), before starting a new thread, you should search before for your subject, if there is a existing one, generally , most of the questions should have been asked and many hints provided, you just have to read each of them.
People could just ignore this thread, or like other forums, admin could have moved it to trash…
So my advice, if you are stuck on a particular challenge or box, take your time, read the existing thread related, post by post ( I know it could be boring when there are many pages), pick up the useful hints and write them down in your personal notes. At the end, put the pieces together and you will get success. And if not, after requesting another hint, be patient, we are not all on the same time zone and not everybody is connected all day.

Good luck.

Type your comment

The members of this community are awesome. I’ve gotten plenty of help by asking nicely through PMs and of course, stating what I’ve done so far and at which point I’m stuck.

Try again!

Since the username on this forum and the username on the web site are often the same, you can check the respect attribute of users on the web site and use the result here.

Type your comment> @bumika said:

Since the username on this forum and the username on the web site are often the same, you can check the respect attribute of users on the web site and use the result here.

What do you mean? be strict and clear!

:slight_smile: I think the word “please” is missing in your vocabulary.

Type your comment> @bumika said:

:slight_smile: I think the word “please” is missing in your vocabulary.

Well, and I think I said that enough in each time I posted something, but it wasn’t so much effective.

Let’s assume that you read all comments in the proper forum thread and you still need to get information to move on. First, you can find a few users who offer their support: “just PM me, DM me etc.” Second, you can find users who have just finished the box and have sent a comment to the forum. If you login to the main web site of hackthebox, you can use the “Member Finder” feature to check a user by its username. If you find the username, look the user’s profile page and check its respect counter. If it is relatively high, you will have the chance to find a polite and helpful person.

Good luck with your new approach.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

Good luck with your new approach.

Yes, thank you for your helpful presence.

Welcome