[Reversing] Find The Easy Pass - Newb needs help

Hey guys,

This is my first attempt to reverse engineer anything. Making some progress, but am stuck. I’m using IDA and found the “Congratulations” string, and started working up from there. It looks like it calls some functions and does a lot of math, and (if I’m understanding this right) if it does not equal zero it will give the “Congratulations” message.

I’m lost and not really sure what I’m looking at, any helpful hints (no spoilers) would be greatly appreciated.

This is my first attempt to reverse engineer anything. Making some progress, but am stuck. I’m using IDA and found the “Congratulations” string, and started working up from there. It looks like it calls some functions and does a lot of math, and (if I’m understanding this right) if it does not equal zero it will give the “Congratulations” message.

Disassemble that “Congratulations” message.

Hi sir i need little bit help … i found the Congrat string …in IDA and in OllyGDB but i dont find the password …i need a hint not spoiler :frowning: …i am new in use IDA and OllyGDB…I found the JNZ address i change into JMP but dosen’t work … i succed to make bypass password with nops but i need a password not Bypass :frowning:

Bottom right corner box of ollydbg. Check for the lines “Congratulations”.

Easy to debug if you found the line.

i try to compare but i dont see nothing …were i wrong ?

ok so I have dissasembled the program and its showing a password but it does not work, @cyb3rs4k1

I solved ,ty all

I sent you a message. But glad you found out soon. Good going.

thx

It helps to unpack the .exe first, it’ll help you decide what tool to use. The password that displayed within Olly was missing a letter… weird!

@SSJrolo said:
It helps to unpack the .exe first, it’ll help you decide what tool to use. The password that displayed within Olly was missing a letter… weird!

You are totally correct. A letter in the middle of the character array/string for me.

i find Good Job. Congratulations but now ? is first time for me that i use this kind of program !! Can I do ? i Don’t find passw

i find _str__Wrong_Password.Text and __str_Good_Job__COngr_Text line. i’m select _str__Wrong_Password.Text Aseembly JMP Address(__str_Good_Job_Congr.Text) and then JMP call @Dialog@ShowMessage$qqrx175System@AnsiString and then JMP 4541E memory address . i use ollydbg .i run it but i dont show any flag
Help please!!

hi everyone i’m searching for tool to disamble ollydbg is a sh*****t for strings;
any suggestion from experts?

@Zot said:

@SSJrolo said:

You are totally correct. A letter in the middle of the character array/string for me.

I’m sorry but this challenge should be either fixed or taken down. There shouldn’t be spelling errors in the flag, that’s just unfair.

Spoiler removed - Arrexel

Hey, so I found the pass; ra*! using ollydbg and this works on the running executable, but not as a flag :l Is there some kind of logic I’m missing or is this actually an error?

It’s been a while since I’ve done this one, but doesn’t it spit out the flag when you find the execute the program and use the pass?

NVM - It does not.

I got it to say good job congratulations i found the password but i dont understand how to get the flag.

wow i feel like an idiot. if you found the password and for some reason it isn’t accepting as a flag look carefully at the flag submission field.