Mango

Rooted ! Anyone available to enlighten me on how did you harvest the username ? I sort of guessed the username…

Type your comment> @IamKsNoob said:

Rooted ! Anyone available to enlighten me on how did you harvest the username ? I sort of guessed the username…

You can harvest usernames in the same way as you harvest passwords. Just use a wildcard for the password.

rooted ! really similar of the SamboxV3 chall on root-me. Nice box tho

I was able to harvest 2 usernames and 2 passwords with the modified python script, but neither seems to work…is it possible that the passwords contain special characters?

EDIT: rooted. Answered my own question :smile:

Great box and I learned a ton. PM for nudges and include what you have done so far.

Stuck at finding the login page. Tried a lot of suggestions but lost where to continue looking.
Would love a nudge! :smiley:

@aladante said:

Stuck at finding the login page. Tried a lot of suggestions but lost where to continue looking.
Would love a nudge! :smiley:

Investigate the certificate.

The a*******s page is showing a codepen error :
Current key is only applicable for *.codepen.io.
Read more info about this error
You are trying to use the following key: XXX-XXX-…
Is it important or it hinders the challenge ?

Rooted, nice the user part, python helped me a lot to harvest users name and passwords.
About the root, I got the flag without the root shell, if somebody got the shell can PM me?
I don’t understand why my command didn’t work.
thanks.

Really struggled with this one. Foothold was not easy.

Rooted. PM me if you need help.

Thanks @MrR3boot , awesome box.

found login page finally! this is so different to what ive been used to that i am very stuck, is there any kind person on here that would be willing to take me under your wing and help me out?

@kindominic said:

Literally have no clue in what to do.

Im in the login page, and im guessing that i need to inject, but nothing seems to work. Any advice?

@Gizmet said:

found login page finally! this is so different to what ive been used to that i am very stuck, is there any kind person on here that would be willing to take me under your wing and help me out?

This step can be a bit painful. I never ended up with a fast script (or a pretty one), but if you google the DB name and password extraction, you might find an article which helps.

ok, got an under construction page… where next lol

@Gizmet said:

ok, got an under construction page… where next lol

I dont recall that, but if you haven’t already done so, check the certificate.

Great box. Thanks @mRr3b00t.

Getting the foothold took a good 5 days. At least two of those days were spent crying with mango juice stinging my eyes! Then I realized I had to go away and learn a new skill, and I also learned that there are only really two main types of fruit I needed to worry about (hint).

User and root were a fairly quick affair using tricks already learned from the other beginner machines.

Looking through my notes on this box, the information that forms the path is definitely all on the box. No guessing needed at all.

The main takeaway for me would be to never underestimate the power of a good sleep.

Feel free to PM me for hints. I won’t tell you the answers, but I will help you get there.

Got stuck on the “maintenance” page. Can someone give some hints?

Edit: finally I got both users too.

1.) to get user => enumeration
2.) to get root => enumeration + gtfo

PSA for whoever gets the root flag by sending it to their own vm/computer: make sure to rm the . *** .his *** y file!
I stumbled upon someone’s OVPN IP in said file earlier while looking through USER’s home directory for ways to get to root.

User: think outside of the box, dirb and gobuster can help you to find the URL, but actually you don’t need neither of them, the link is exactly in front of your eyes, just enumerate the page you see.
After finding the login page, find out what kind of database mango is using. search for privilege escalation for that service on google.

Root:
Not a big deal, GTFobins is your friend.

Great box, Thank You @MrR3boot

Just completed both user and root a few minutes ago thanks to the great assist from @Merlin01000101 . Great nudge that didn’t ruin anything and allowed me to still solve. I’ll echo most everyone else and say that once you have the initial foothold, this was pretty easy…but that first part…ugh…not easy for me.

Hi Guys

I’m a bit stuck. And could use a little help.

What do I already have:

1. Login page
  2. An attack vector candidate.

But I don’t get any confirmation that I’m on the right track. So it could also be that I am completely wrong.

Can someone point me in the right direction and possibly even confirm if I am indeed in the right direction?

Thank you very much in advance.