Nest

I’ve found the hash of the 2nd user, and I have had a look to every file carefully. I’ve seen “recent files” paths but I can’t reach them and… I don’t know what to do with empty files, I’m stuck there… Any hint please?

I managed to connect to the higher port but when I run the “runquery” command all I get is “Invalid database configuration found” on any file I try to read.

@Lu5i4 said:

I’ve found the hash of the 2nd user, and I have had a look to every file carefully. I’ve seen “recent files” paths but I can’t reach them and… I don’t know what to do with empty files, I’m stuck there… Any hint please?

Are you 100% sure you cant reach the recent files paths? Have you checked every possible way? (There is a better hint a few questions up in this thread)

Can anyone help with “System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: 'Padding is invalid and cannot be removed.” error???

I have looked at the code in the Ldap.exe and change the lines in Vb.utils but don´t know why the error continues

@RandomPerson00 said:

I managed to connect to the higher port but when I run the “runquery” command all I get is “Invalid database configuration found” on any file I try to read.

It probably means the database isn’t configured in a way which allows you “read” something by running a query on it. Really you need to find a way to show the contents of the stored query, but you need to get the debug password.

@alexmore8 said:
Can anyone help with “System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: 'Padding is invalid and cannot be removed.” error???

I have looked at the code in the Ldap.exe and change the lines in Vb.utils but don´t know why the error continues

already been answered in other comments in this thread. Basically you’re using the wrong decryption routine. Just copy the entire decryption routine you found in the new EXE instead of trying to modify the existing one you have from the user flag

Type your comment> @viks said:

Any body who have done ADS part using linux , could you please help on the syntax part or tool that yo have used, n**s-3g is not allowing me to mount a remote share. i have temporary users credentials and i am able to mount share in cifs mode but i think that losses some file’s properties in DATA variable .

Don’t want to use windows for this challenge.

Thanks in advance

^ This. If @viks or anyone else has a hint I’ll gladly accept it.

Great box btw.

Finally I rooted my first machine. The first challenge - get user - was a bit hard because I was my first time with tools I used. And some information was unexpected from me. Specially when I found one peach of information from one file which looks like something and there is more if you scratch a bit. The admin was a bit easier once you have the user due you have enough knowledge you didn’t have before. I required linux and windows to do it.

Finally, thank you to some users for their little help in some points I need help.

Now it’s time to another one.

Thank you

Any suggestions for a noob?

@Machevalia said:

^ This. If @viks or anyone else has a hint I’ll gladly accept it.

Great box btw.

It is entirely do-able with Kali. Google the tool you use to connect and ways to see the type of data you want to see.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

It is entirely do-able with Kali. Google the tool you use to connect and ways to see the type of data you want to see.

This is true. The water stopped flowing when I was moving the file from one place to another. s*******t has a command to view ALL of what you need to GET what you need. Happy to give more hints.

Hi all, can someone DM with some advice please? i’ve got things from a project and used them to make something in VB, I’ve tried to add an output but it runs and displays nothing.
I’ve not used VB before so struggling to understand how to get it to write out properly. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

EDIT I think i’ve got a password… P*******S is this right or am i way off?

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@Lu5i4 said:

Are you 100% sure you cant reach the recent files paths? Have you checked every possible way? (There is a better hint a few questions up in this thread)

I have connect through a higher port but I don’t know if this is the way for root…

Good box.

Thanks @VbScrub - Really enjoyed this one. I had to dig out old skills from years gone by. Took me back some!

I did it mostly with Linux. I also used a windows virtualbox for some reverse engineering and looking deeper into the river.

This one covers a good few skills indeed, but there is one part that I thought was very ctf and you won’t know it unless you already came across it before. I got stuck on it for a while until a friendly hint reminded me of the trick.

pm for help.

ROOTED!!! Thanks a lot to @TazWake and @FastDuck for the help.

Rooted box.
I enjoyed this box because it is the second Windows box for me, i can develop skill using basic tools.

What i want to say like hint if you are stuck in some point and you dont know where move on, check where you was, check your files in detail :wink:

If you are blocked feel free to ask nudge (:

Type your comment> @TheBigfoot said:

Hi all, can someone DM with some advice please? i’ve got things from a project and used them to make something in VB, I’ve tried to add an output but it runs and displays nothing.
I’ve not used VB before so struggling to understand how to get it to write out properly. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

to display something:

console.Writeln(yourvariablehere)

However, if you run VisualStudio, you’d better use debugger at check the local variables window to check values.

I guess is what you are actually asking, isn’t it?

I like the puzzle-solving mentality needed to get a hold of the machine. It was beautifully crafted from initial foothold → User → Root. I found one tool which bodes well for user and root. Windows VM helps you out so it is good practice to save time and utilize the best of all OS’es. PM for nudges.

Spoiler Removed

Type your comment> @Darvidor said:

Type your comment> @TheBigfoot said:

to display something:

console.Writeln(yourvariablehere)

However, if you run VisualStudio, you’d better use debugger at check the local variables window to check values.

I guess is what you are actually asking, isn’t it?

Ah I had to google your suggestion but the local variables windows is soo much easier (once its open)

I’ve now got a passphrase and password - thanks for the help!

Ooook, got user, now going for root!!