Nest

@Mati3d said:

i have downloaded all the R* dir, compiled in Microsoft Visual Studio, the result is
the file DbPof.exe but it doesn’t do anything, i run it on cmd and returns an empty line

You might want to modify the file so that it outputs the information you need.

@Titan555 said:

I am getting error " System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: 'Padding is invalid and cannot be removed "

Is someone else getting the same error ? I stuck in VS , Running Debug gives me the error, All required files are in the same directory. Please help…

If this is for privesc it implies the settings you are using is incorrect for the string you are trying to reverse.

You might need to find how that second string was created.

I am stuck at the hash any nudge please

@FDS said:

I am stuck at the hash any nudge please

Hi, I’m at the final stage, connecting with the LP obtained. I am using the .exe and the one argument a Ht.txt with the LP inside
I’m getting an error
Unexpected error: The specified domain does not exist or cannot be contacted.
Any hints?

Type your comment> @Equanimity said:

Hi, I’m at the final stage, connecting with the LP obtained. I am using the .exe and the one argument a Ht.txt with the LP inside
I’m getting an error
Unexpected error: The specified domain does not exist or cannot be contacted.
Any hints?

you are getting in the car and trying to drive it, but it’s complaining that it’s missing parts…try getting out of the car and dismantling it. Then you’ll know what part was missing but at that point it won’t matter because you’ll come across something else that will get you what you are looking for.

Can I get writeup of Nest Machine

Type your comment> @xInSanity said:

a nudge for linux users : use telnet not nc for the other port
you can delete if it considered a spam :slight_smile:

Thanks mate!

Root. Nest, yeah its nest. Huft… PM me if you need help.

Stuck at the VB code. Tried using online compiler dotnetfiddle.net (no ouput despite adding code to do that, granted i dont know vb), as well as putting it all into Visual Studio - but hitting debug just opens settings. Not sure where to go from here, would appreciate any advice to get back on track - thx!

connected by Telnet but cannot browse to any files, not much options . only options I get

LIST
SETDIR <Directory_Name>
RUNQUERY <Query_ID>
DEBUG
HELP

how did you guys manage to browse though telnet session ?

@Titan555 said:
connected by Telnet but cannot browse to any files, not much options . only options I get

LIST
SETDIR <Directory_Name>
RUNQUERY <Query_ID>
DEBUG
HELP

HELP <Command> is very helpful.

Happy to say I consolidated learning from this experience. I don’t consider it CTF like despite the available crumbs left around which in a nutshell are basically the basics of enumeration.
Root might be tricky if you have a mindset of reverse analyzing task.
TBH I spent very much time on finding Notepad++ configuration tricks to open remote files but it was in vanes.
thanks to @harleen for online compiler hint.

Excellent machine @VbScrub !

User1: the path is straightforward, enumerate , just don’t stop, keep going.
User2: do your manual changes, add two basic lines and there you got.

Root, if you did it my way (Windows and Linux), you will spend more time on searching tools than on the rooting itself.
Enumerate again with User2, and the same command used in Windows can be used in s*******t however, just by copying the empty file to Windows will not show the what you are looking for. Just ask the help of the tool you are using on the low port.
Once you get that, back to high port and you will feel the freedom :slight_smile:

I found an excellent decompiler which revealed the whole project, I created my own code from that and added 1 line and 1 parameter, done!

Feel free to PM me.

@Titan555 said:

LIST
SETDIR <Directory_Name>
RUNQUERY <Query_ID>
DEBUG
HELP

What does the second entry in those commands do?

If you have jumped to this port before the other one, you might be missing some crucial information.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@Titan555 said:

LIST
SETDIR <Directory_Name>
RUNQUERY <Query_ID>
DEBUG
HELP

If you have jumped to this port before the other one, you might be missing some crucial information.

@Titan555 said:

@Titan555 said:

LIST
SETDIR <Directory_Name>
RUNQUERY <Query_ID>
DEBUG
HELP

sorry I am still lost here… this machine is hard to crack…

@Titan555 said:

@Titan555 said:

@Titan555 said:

LIST
SETDIR <Directory_Name>
RUNQUERY <Query_ID>
DEBUG
HELP

sorry I am still lost here… this machine is hard to crack…

edit: got it , i can browse from telnet session…

@Titan555 said:

edit: got it , i can browse from telnet session…

Good. Make sure you have got all the information you need from the other port though.

Rooted. Thanks @VbScrub.

Learned a lot. More machine to come and Good job for this machine @VbScrub.