OpenAdmin

nvm, i got it by forum hints. thanks.

Hi all, first boxer here :slight_smile: hope I can get some help. I cant for the life of me find the creds for user 1.
I know the name of the user and have the basic shell.
I’ve searched for words, browsed file after file going backwards and forwards. I feel like im missing the obvious!!
I need advice to get me going again, any help would be appreciated as im losing the will to live at this point lol
Please and thank you

Type your comment> @TheBigfoot said:

Hi all, first boxer here :slight_smile: hope I can get some help. I cant for the life of me find the creds for user 1.
I know the name of the user and have the basic shell.
I’ve searched for words, browsed file after file going backwards and forwards. I feel like im missing the obvious!!
I need advice to get me going again, any help would be appreciated as im losing the will to live at this point lol
Please and thank you

■■■ I had all the info already copied over to my notes… I’m a fool!! right onto User 2

Hello.
It is my first hack… and i am a noob
for now I can’t do anything :slight_smile:
i have enumerate 2 ports

I advance :slight_smile:
Long live IPAM :slight_smile:

Ok, so I just managed root on this box, but it felt too easy…I could almost swear that someone altered something and just gave me the flag…

Nevermind I went all over it again and realized there was character missing in my notes. Guess that’s a lesson, too…

@a7h3na said:

So I got the password from the RSA-PRIVATE-KEY I extract it but when I use it to log in even I input the correct password it returns Permission Denied.
Is there any hidden task to do here??

Just to check - are you trying to log in with the password or unlock the key with the password?

One is incorrect, the other is correct.

If you are doing the second and you are getting permission denied, check to see if there are any other error messages such as “failed to open private key”

@medfgh said:

I’ve been working on getting User2 for a few days. Still have no idea how to get credentials. I feel it has to do something with i*****l folder and pp scripts in it, but these are not working and I don’t understand how to make them work. PLS help!

You are on the correct path. There are dozens of hints earlier in this thread on how to get the info you need here.

(removed)

Complete newbie here, first HTB. I’m struggling to get an initial foothold, anyone have tips to help me get started? (PMs welcome, I can tell you what I’ve already tried)

@BoneCap said:

Complete newbie here, first HTB. I’m struggling to get an initial foothold, anyone have tips to help me get started? (PMs welcome, I can tell you what I’ve already tried)

It’s hard to say anything that hasn’t already been said in this thread without simply giving the answer. Enumeration is the key. Read the previous posts where this has been discussed.

rooted. pm me if you need help.

hello.
i find w***-*a user, but am blocked here… which file enumerate ??
i find o
_**s too and password

Rooted.

Easy and nice box, i appreciate it.
All hints are shown in previous post usefull form me so i am not going to add any.

Thanks to the maker.

Feel free to contact me for nudge :slight_smile:

Can someone confirm to me that the password found in the landing folder (relating to people that wear all black) is the same password J****a’s rsa key?

I can’t for the life of me get into her ssh using the key and the same password.

@arboricide said:

Can someone confirm to me that the password found in the landing folder (relating to people that wear all black) is the same password J****a’s rsa key?

I can’t for the life of me get into her ssh using the key and the same password.

it isnt.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@arboricide said:

it isnt.

Right, Ta… back to the drawing board…

@arboricide said:

You can get the password though. It’s in the key.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@arboricide said:

You can get the password though. It’s in the key.

I can’t get john to figure that out though. always comes back with nothing. using Rock and Hash to no avail.