Nest

Congrats on your first release and looking forward to getting 1st blood!!

reaaaaadyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

@Str0ng3erG3ek said:

I was going to say you’re keen, but you’re not as keen as the guy who just messaged me asking for hints 2 hours before the machine is even live XD

Type your comment> @VbScrub said:

@Str0ng3erG3ek said:

I was going to say you’re keen, but you’re not as keen as the guy who just messaged me asking for hints 2 hours before the machine is even live XD

Oh lord!

jeje XD

@VbScrub said:
@Str0ng3erG3ek said:

Doesn’t really need hints, see i’ve already got user.txt lol.

Hype!

10 mins root - wow!

Got 5 users ?

so there’s 3 root owns and 0 user owns… I guess you guys found some exploit I didn’t think of when making the box. Anyone fancy messaging me to let me know what you did?

So, the box is rooted while I am still waiting for scans to complete :smile:

Wtf, 11 root owns in 15mn!

Yeah I don’t know what people did to get root so fast lol pretty sure they didn’t go the intended route

As @VbScrub has said, that implies some unintended exploitation path that they’ve all discovered.

Unfortunately, I havent discovered it yet :smile: :smile:

That just ruins the fun if people take an alternate path that was unintentionally engineered by the box creator.

someone has a 0-day they aren’t sharing :wink:

Type your comment> @n2h said:

someone has a 0-day they aren’t sharing :wink:

yeah exactly.

Not sure I totally agree. It’s not all about following the exact steps the creator wanted you to take - that’s basically following a tutorial.

If you can find an alternate route, that’s part of the game and part of the learning. It means, for example, that these people know a much faster way to exploit this box than I do.

Yeah, it does kind of take the fun out of it if you just run one metasploit command and get root. There’s no skill or enjoyment involved in that surely. Maybe some people just care about getting the points

deleted

Sorry about the bad luck @VbScrub. I will admit I got it unintended, but once it’s patched I’ll go back and do it right