Patents

@TheNerd said:

I am assuming there should be a vulnerability with the upload feature. Am I right? or nobody knows yet?

I suspect, “no one knows yet” is the correct answer.

This box seems crazy hard so far. Nearly 6 hours and one blood. Barely found anything myself

I am suspecting the way to this box is through the upload function and I think it’s vulnerable to XXE.

Some errors I got mentioned there is an issue with libreoffice, but I am not sure if this is the way to the box.

Type your comment> @D8ll0 said:

I am suspecting the way to this box is through the upload function and I think it’s vulnerable to XXE.

Some errors I got mentioned there is an issue with libreoffice, but I am not sure if this is the way to the box.

These are my thoughts too. Perhaps mimicking the service locally will be beneficial…?

looks like ssrf in upload

I found a technique on mitre website that has to do with Microsoft’s Open Office XML.

maybe

Found a way to force patent to download something from my webserver. Now it’s about exploiting it :slight_smile:

There is a php version of the visible html page. I think it is the way in considering the comments in it.

6 users till now ? lol im gonna skip dis

Over 24 hours and no root… I think “Hard” was an understatement for this box.

I cant even get the first foothold!

We are on the same point I am looking for a small point of support too. this car is more than insane

Finally get a ping back, and I’m told it won’t help ;_;

I think it’s time to give some hints about the initial foothold.
As I could understand by talking to some of you on social channels, the “obvious” vulnerability everybody is talking about is correct, however you are all missing some important information to correctly exploit it.
Try to use a different wordlist to find something useful in the web app. Maybe some developer left traces of a changelog!

Type your comment> @gbyolo said:

As I could understand by talking to some of you on social channels, the “obvious” vulnerability everybody is talking about is correct, however you are all missing some important information to correctly exploit it.
Try to use a different wordlist to find something useful in the web app. Maybe some developer left traces of a changelog!

Miiiii! I can’t believe it!! My favorite hint! :slight_smile: (tribute to the webapp user)

So far, even harder than PlayerTwo or Rope. This machine is destroying me. Kudos @gbyolo for creating a nasty box. You’ve got me beat. Not sure about the “Hard” categorization though – this one is a doozy!

Don’t have user yet, but I think I know what I need to look at. Your hint helped me realize I wasn’t too far off track.

Edit: Gotta love when there’s one root blood and then magically 4 people root it straight after.

Coincidence-I-think-Not

Type your comment> @farbs said:

Don’t have user yet, but I think I know what I need to look at.

I know that feeling… not quite enough though in my case haha!
Insane box @gbyolo - nice find

Five people have rooted it now… That’s quite impressive given that for the first day only six had even got user.

Didn’t get that changelog from the developer, but managed to get some dependencies file pointing to some conversion utility… then… generated a pdf from a normal docx and checked what was the version of the thing to try to attack… got to some papers and blogs,… tried to embed this to that, upload that and nothing! keep failing every single step. aux what a box…
Any help will be appreciated.

pm please!

Type your comment> @gbyolo said:

Well consider me truly bamboozled. After many hours of trying the obvious path I see this post, and spend quite a few more hours throwing different wordlists from seclists/dirb/dirbuster/wfuzz at the site. Full recursion, .log, .txt, .conf, .html, .php extensions and nothing. The only changelogs found were in /v***/s***/*/c***. They don’t seem to be useful.